What's new

The Church vs. The Code

yegosimo

Bug Killer
this has happened all the time .. specially on the Feudal Ages
but ... who knows... maybe what they say is true

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
The movie is entirely fictional. Censoring it is wrong, but people should walk into it knowing it's just a movie, and nothing more.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ok, now this is funny...
A film spreads "lies" about *cough* Jesus *cough* and people get outraged.
A game *cough* GTA *cough* is very violent and you can do lots of bad stuff and no one cares...

Right...
Either both things should be banned, or both allows. That's what I say.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Haven't you all learnt by now that religious people are intolerant of anything that challenges their beliefs, evolution... science, films... every time something even hints Christ Christians all over the world go absolutely bonkers.

Yeah... that's really going to sway me to convert to their pointless religion, they all act like idiots.

Hawq

ShizZy said:
The movie is entirely fictional. Censoring it is wrong, but people should walk into it knowing it's just a movie, and nothing more.
We should remember that a large amount of those going to see the film are probably the type that believe the book was fact, despite getting it from the fiction section, next week from the same nutjobs that believe the Da Vinci Code, Star Wars - its all true.

Alchemist

ScottJC said:
Haven't you all learnt by now that religious people are intolerant of anything that challenges their beliefs, evolution... science, films... every time something even hints Christ Christians all over the world go absolutely bonkers.

Yeah... that's really going to sway me to convert to their pointless religion, they all act like idiots.

Really? Because my church encouraged me to see it for myself before I started to rail against it. I would agree that there are those in the Christian community that overreact, but frankly, If you're talking about "intolerance" you should just tolerate their intolerance, right? If you get so bent out of shape because they don't like something you do, that makes just as bad as them.

Oh, and by the way, not only is evolution unrepeatable and and unable to be examined (therefore unscientific) if you look around you, it's pretty obvious that the world we live in was planned out pretty carefully.

WhiteX

There we go again...

But...Hey alchemist, did you ever considered that evolution was played out by God´s hand?

Doomulation

WhiteX said:
But...Hey alchemist, did you ever considered that evolution was played out by God´s hand?
Really? Who says this "god" exists? Perhaps there wasn't any "god" who played it out ;)

Shin_Gouki

I think one big problems seems that the chuch is thinking that IF it could be proven that Jesus was a human and had a wife. Some people may doubt their faith/religion. But if their believe is that weak, how do they get through life? Whole life is a ordeal, if u believe in something u should not falter by this.
Same thing with the female pope, so what if there was a female pope?Does it tell u somthing bad about the chruch?I think that the chruch should be an instition to help people not a instition which trys to be "perfect" or something like that.
I think they are very afraid to show and to admit that they are human. But fact that would increase their credibility , IMO. But its their choose how act, either with intolerance and secrecy or honest and openmined.
But its very hard for the church to admit these things, they can not control everything , they can jsut try ( which is not a bad thing, because e.g.: not only good people work for the church )
IMO church should do 2 things :
*believe more in their community
*seriously ask themself what do they want to achieve with their organisation

wbr Shin Gouki

Doomulation

Shin_Gouki said:
ISome people may doubt their faith/religion. But if their believe is that weak, how do they get through life? Whole life is a ordeal, if u believe in something u should not falter by this.
Yes, I wonder why I get through life fine even though I loathe christianity, my own religion that covers this land...

Typify

Nolife
I despise most religions as well. They are nothing but fairy tales that some people have taken seriously a long time ago and just make people waste their time.

WhiteX

Doomulation said:
Really? Who says this "god" exists? Perhaps there wasn't any "god" who played it out ;)

Perhaps there was not a God. perhaps there was.
My intention was to show him that both theories could coexist, i don´t know if there is a God or if Jesus really walked the land or if he could do what the Bible claims he did, no one knows it for good.

One can only believe, if this one believes, is our duty as modern ppl to respect it, if he does not, the same.

The overreaction over the daVinci Code is the religious little way to stomp on respect and coexistence because they bare the words of the Lord, pure rubbish.

However, looking at the diversity of creatures, the clockowork perfection of the nature and the universe, one may think that it could not be random generated, that some inteligence played it out.

If you want to rule that God does not exist beyond any reasonable doubt, the nature would pose doubt enough to contradict you.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Alchemist said:
Really? Because my church encouraged me to see it for myself before I started to rail against it. I would agree that there are those in the Christian community that overreact, but frankly, If you're talking about "intolerance" you should just tolerate their intolerance, right? If you get so bent out of shape because they don't like something you do, that makes just as bad as them.

Oh, and by the way, not only is evolution unrepeatable and and unable to be examined (therefore unscientific) if you look around you, it's pretty obvious that the world we live in was planned out pretty carefully.
Evolution is far more believable than that crap called the Bible, The whole reason people believed in Gods in the first place was because they didn't understand things like the Sun...

because it rose and set once every day they thought there was a Sun god called Ra... why don't we believe in Ra anymore but yet we believe in a christian god? WHY?

How is the egyptian's version of god any less believeable than the ones people currently believe in, I ask you that. Hell I think the older gods were far more interesting... just look at the Norse god Thor. He was a badass.

The bible was written by some guy who didn't understand the world and has evolved into the sheer crappile that it is today... Like many other religions it is based on Guilt "YOU KILLED CHRIST... HE DIED FOR YOUR SINS!!!" - wrong he didn't die for my sins, if he even existed at all he died for the sins of the people who killed him.

In my opinion all religions are fiction, religions just cause wars... there have been killed in the name of our almighty gods than in all of our wars combined... Why do you think the people of northern island fight each other? Religion. It causes nothing but trouble...

In a few thousand years time the christian god will be a myth just like the egyptians ones. As far as evolution goes, we took 7 million years to evolve into what we are now and it is more than possible it could happen again... its a process of natural selection.. either adapt or go extinct, get it? There was a different class of Human-type mammal around on the earth when our ancestors were around - can't remember their name - they was intelligent but because they couldn't imagine we humans basically destroyed it because we were better.

A lot happens in 7 million years you know, do you have any idea how long that is?

Last edited:

Alchemist

ScottJC said:
In a few thousand years time the christian god will be a myth just like the egyptians ones. As far as evolution goes, we took 7 million years to evolve into what we are now and it is more than possible it could happen again... its a process of natural selection.. either adapt or go extinct, get it? There was a different class of Human-type mammal around on the earth when our ancestors were around - can't remember their name - they was intelligent but because they couldn't imagine we humans basically destroyed it because we were better.

A lot happens in 7 million years you know, do you have any idea how long that is?

Since geological records show the oldest rock on earth as being oh, about 10,000 years old, I would say nothing knows how long 7 million years is. You talk about evolution as if it is viable fact, when it's just a theory that countless scientists have added, subtracted, and modified. You talk about tolerance, and yet, you can't tolerate anything that challenges you're "right" to do whatever you want.

If there is a god, what's the next logical question? Does he reward people who do right, or people who do wrong? If he rewards people who do wrong, then we're all doomed anyhow. But if he rewards good, the next step is to ask why the world is as crappy as it is. the answer is, because you sin, I sin, and there has to be some kind of reconcilation for that. You're afraid that, in the end, you can't control your own fate.

I think realizing that we all sin and that none of us is "better" than the other is the closest we will ever come to true "tolerance".

The bible was written by some guy who didn't understand the world and has evolved into the sheer crappile that it is today... Like many other religions it is based on Guilt "YOU KILLED CHRIST... HE DIED FOR YOUR SINS!!!" - wrong he didn't die for my sins, if he even existed at all he died for the sins of the people who killed him.

Scholars have determined that Biblical accounts are the most historically accurate accounts of any we have from that time period.

Doomulation

Alchemist said:
If there is a god, what's the next logical question? Does he reward people who do right, or people who do wrong? If he rewards people who do wrong, then we're all doomed anyhow. But if he rewards good, the next step is to ask why the world is as crappy as it is. the answer is, because you sin, I sin, and there has to be some kind of reconcilation for that. You're afraid that, in the end, you can't control your own fate.
Who says it's a "he"? Perhaps it's a she. Or better yet! An it! :ninja: