What's new

The Beta Testing

scotty

The Great One
I probably shouldnt be bugging you guys, but Im just itching to now how everything is going. I have noticed some hidden topics going by, and I was wondering if there were more problems than anticipated, anything that I might need to know on the progression of the testing, etc;

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Yeah, it sort of suc,ks that the topics are hidden so we cant see whats going on, I'd like to know how things are going too, since a lot of the games i want to play are now possible, is there maybe a way you could provide like, updates every couple days, or maybe make the forum public but only allow the beta testers to psot, so the rest of us can read whats going on?

dukenukem

lord freiza
sorry but you guys will never get to see the private beta forums any more as it is being moved so only testers can access or see it.

schibo

Emulator Developer
scotty said:
I probably shouldnt be bugging you guys, but Im just itching to now how everything is going. I have noticed some hidden topics going by, and I was wondering if there were more problems than anticipated, anything that I might need to know on the progression of the testing, etc;

If this is in the way Schibo, or any moderator, you have the power to delete this topic if need be.

Well regretably, the subforum thread topics are still viewable, and I would rather that everyone wasn't able to see that. I prefer a tight lid on the forums to avoid the possibility of unintentionally leaking any critical information in those forums, or the ability of anyone downloading an attachment that shouldn't be public. But to answer your question, I am overall pleased with what results we're getting. The beta team continues to be sharp. We will beta as long as necessary because thanks to Martin and Gent's efforts, it's really become a fantastic beta system that has exceeded my expectations, and because I don't want us to release anything short of a professional quality product.

Time is short, but I will try to make a better effort to update y'all with some more news updates :).

Last edited:

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I'd like to see a public thread that says which games have been shown to work that is closed, so n00bs don't go cluttering it. Like schibo just giving us a list of which games work on netplay well, and how extensively they have been tested, and which exceptions they have. (such as certain stuff can't work, like no bots on PD for example (just an example, i betcha they will work)).

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
Jimbot said:
I'd like to see a public thread that says which games have been shown to work that is closed, so n00bs don't go cluttering it. Like schibo just giving us a list of which games work on netplay well, and how extensively they have been tested, and which exceptions they have. (such as certain stuff can't work, like no bots on PD for example (just an example, i betcha they will work)).

I agree completely to that. 3 weeks to go (or so), and after my midterms too, what better time to release it.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
A few things explained, for you all.

There is no current ini that shows the list of everything playable and not, otherwise, I'd love to post it for you. It's being worked on.

Second, Netplay does not work right now. This has been announced 3 times. Maybe I should make a thread and ask for it to be stuck and closed... Until you hear differently, assume that it does not work.

Is that any help for you?