What's new

System critical error

Fabricio_EX

While playing MegaMan X8, right after I start controlling Zero, a blue screen appear showing a critical system error. The message says:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

(A few suggestions about how to possibly fix it. None of them worked)

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000??(I couldn't see the numbers), 0x00985C66, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0xBF985C66

***win32k.sys - adress BF985C66 base at BF800000, DateStamp 41107f7a
***win32k.sys - adress BF985C66 base at BF800000, DateStamp 41107f7a

Then after the OS is restarted, the following window is showed (see attachment)

Well, this is my problem. Is there any way to fix it? Any information will help.
Thanks in advance.

Oh, and my computer specs (not really good, but it runs fine until the place I mentioned earlier):

Proc: Pentium 3 866 MHz
Mem: 128 MB RAM
Graph: on-board 16 MB (SiS 315)
Audio: (SiS 7018)
DX ver: 9.0c
I think that's enough.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Which console is that for? have you tried it more than once?

Could be a virus....

OP
Fabricio_EX

Fabricio_EX

Well, it's the PC version of MegaMan X 8, any emus or consoles.
I don't think it's a virus because I scanned my computer earlier and nothing was found, I updated the A-Virus today too.

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
It might be a lot of causes. Maybe corrupt game files, or bad drivers. Try updating your drivers

Miretank

Lurking
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, I know that error. It's somewhat related to drivers, tho I always get this error when installing Daemon 3.29 on WinXP. Aren't you using it to run the Megaman X8 image or so?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Its your gfx drivers. Are you using real drivers or beta drivers. You can try going to your gfx cards maker and download the newest drivers for it.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It can be any sort of drivers. If you get this message, then reboot and windows should (hopefully) tell you a critical error had occoured. Try to find the source of the error. A driver, probably. You'll have to update it or uninstall that driver. That should fix the problem.

OP
Fabricio_EX

Fabricio_EX

Miretank said:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, I know that error. It's somewhat related to drivers, tho I always get this error when installing Daemon 3.29 on WinXP. Aren't you using it to run the Megaman X8 image or so?

You mean running an Megaman image using Daemon or Alcohol? Yeah, that's what I'm doing.
Do you think this is the error's cause?

I downloaded a few GFX drivers and installed them, but it didn't work either...
Maybe it's not relate to the graphics, but, how Miretank said, to the virtual device. But before creating the image, I ran it with the CD and the same error occurred (I admit it's a pirate CD, but it worked on the owner's computer).

BoggyB

Yep, that error usually mean a driver goofed and did something it really really shouldn't do (at which point Windows panics and stops the system to stop more bad stuff happening).

The Microsoft support site is generally pretty good on STOP errors. I'm assuming you're using Windows XP. It'd be worth having a look at these pages to see if any are relevant. Also make sure you're up to date with Windows patches (they patch more than just security holes), and check your graphics, sound and motherboard/chipset drivers.

You could also experiment with settings and see if it depends on a particular screen resolution or graphics setting. Sometimes these only happen if you've got everything set a certain way. Try things like running it fullscreen if you were running it in a window (or vice versa), disabling extra screens if you have a multimonitor setup, changing acceleration options.

OP
Fabricio_EX

Fabricio_EX

Thanks or your help! I won't be able to see this now (my CD drive is broken...), but I'll do that as soon as I can! Thanks again!