What's new

SVGA -> TV adapter?

Vchat20

is there any way I can use my TV as a computer monitor without buying a whole new Video Card?

jollyrancher

I've got a GrandTec Ultimate 2000 PC to TV converter and it does the job great... plus it's small and cheap (think I paid $50-$65). The only thing is that since a TV resolution is 360X240 or something, it'll be hard to read the text unless you have a 32" TV. It's great for games, though. I use it for my laptop since you can't replace the video card to get TV-out. In your case it's probably better to just spend the $60 on a better video card that has TV-out.

Last edited:
OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

2 problems with that. 1) no agp slot in this thing and 2) i think it has a baby atx mobo cuz I had a hard time getting my TV tuner installed and I had to leave the case open just for the card to fit.

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

I have a couple pci slots empty but the second reason there also comes into play.

My95ZR2

Um, just to clarify, (I think) a TV doesn't have a native resolution, cause it's just like a monitor. The exception is the dot pitch (?) HOw do I know? If I remember correctly, a PSX displays at 640x480, right? Isn't normal (low res) tv shows @ 320x240?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Adam