What's new

Super smahs bros 2 players?

coolcat12

Hi I got n64 emulator project 64 and am wondering is there a way you can play super smash bros with 2 players on one keyboard? I set up the control for plaer 1 and 2 but cant figure out how to play 2 players? thanks!

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
If your problem wasn't finding the Versus Mode... See if both players have the "plugged in" or "controller is pluged in" option marked.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
coolcat12 seems to be wondering HOW to configure the controls so both can play on keyboard.
It's very simple. Just select the control you want to configure (controller 1 or controller 2, etc) and press the desired N64 button and press the desired keyboard key.
Now, I don't recommend both playing with the keyboard due to the fact that there's a limit as to how many keys can be pressed down at once. Better get a gamepad for one of you.

Hippy Tesla

*****fest
But if you don't have a choice, this is what I suggest, something I've used untill I bought me a few USB joypads:

One player should use WASD buttons for control stick, F as L button, H as START, OKL: as C buttons, J as R, "," and "." as A and B and SPACE as Z.

The other player should use keyboard errow buttons as the control stick, 0 (numpad) as Z, 2 and 3 as A and B, 8456 as C buttons, 7 and 9 as L and R and ENTER as START.

It's easy to use since it's alike to the N64 joystick buttons.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
But if you don't have a choice, this is what I suggest, something I've used untill I bought me a few USB joypads:

One player should use WASD buttons for control stick, F as L button, H as START, OKL: as C buttons, J as R, "," and "." as A and B and SPACE as Z.

The other player should use keyboard errow buttons as the control stick, 0 (numpad) as Z, 2 and 3 as A and B, 8456 as C buttons, 7 and 9 as L and R and ENTER as START.

It's easy to use since it's alike to the N64 joystick buttons.

Sure, but the problem is that you usually can't press down more than 3 buttons at once, and that's going to limit the fun everyone.

Hippy Tesla

*****fest
Sure, but the problem is that you usually can't press down more than 3 buttons at once, and that's going to limit the fun everyone.

Actually, it depends which buttons are pressed. For example, if you try pressing L+,+D (running, shooting and jumping in Super Metroid for SNES) it won't work. But if you press D+L+K it will work fine.