What's new

Starfox 64 (or lylat wars) problems.

Edgeways

Unreal Fanatic
um, im trying to play lylat wars on 1964, but i find that the picture is very dark and the viewdistence is very, very short.

im used to playing lylat wars, which is slightly different to starfox 64, and am now using starfox 64, so i dont know iof it suppose to be like that. seems unlikely though, as it makes it almost impossible to play.

anyhow, can someone suggest a possibly way of fixing this?

jdsony

Edgeways said:
um, im trying to play lylat wars on 1964, but i find that the picture is very dark and the viewdistence is very, very short.

im used to playing lylat wars, which is slightly different to starfox 64, and am now using starfox 64, so i dont know iof it suppose to be like that. seems unlikely though, as it makes it almost impossible to play.

anyhow, can someone suggest a possibly way of fixing this?

This has been brought up before but I'm not sure if it was ever solved. I think people were saying that it wasn't as dark on the real N64 but it seemed as though no one was listening to them and most people said just crank up the brightness. Might want to try a search for starfox and see if it comes up, I'm going to search right now so if I find something I will let you know.

here's a link http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=5188&highlight=starfox

Last edited:
OP
E

Edgeways

Unreal Fanatic
that thread was locked it seems (stupidly) i hate to tell you all but its not been fixed.

maybe the following statement will clear things up for the folk who think its just the brightness thats the problem.

The viewdistance is minimal, making the game near impossible to play

the viewdistance should be much further, and if you want pics to illustrate this then ill giv them to you. the prime example would be one of the sector levels, sector x i thin, the 2nd map on the alternate route out the first level.