What's new

SSBM direct 3d device

omfgkevin

so it always pops up like that when i try to load that game. is it because its an ISO file? or is it something else?:(

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
my aa is at the lowest and it still doesnt work
Then it's probably your gfx card driver... try to update it and post your results.
Or are you using a onboard gfx device. Then probably you can't fix it, sadly. It doesn't have enough horsepower to run dolphins gfx plugin.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Yeah... an integrated gfx card, mostly not capable of handling "high end" emulators like PS2 and/or GameCube.
I'm sorry.

OP
O

omfgkevin

so.. i have to update or download a different one? ( if there is do u have a download or site that has a graphic driver that can support it?)what works? (which graphic card

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
It's hardware, you can't download it. Drivers are download-able software to control the graphics hardware.

Unfortunately, you'll find you need strong graphics hardware to power GC emulation. I'm talking NVidia GeForce 6xxx-8xxx power. Can someone recommend good hardware for GC emulation that isn't too expensive?

Also, before purchasing a graphics card, make note of what it utilizes to connect to the motherboard. PCI Express is /NOT/ PCI, and AGP, PCI, and PCIe are all of the different kinds you will come across. Also, if you do not know how to install graphics hardware, you may want to look it up or have it installed professionally.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I'd have to recommend NVIDIA GeForce, and in the upper range. 7xxx-8xxx. But WATCH OUT. These things are huge and may not fit in your case, and some may not be compatible with your computer. Be sure to read your motherboard documentation to see what types of slots you have (AGP, PCI, PCIe/PCI Express) and make sure you read the graphics card box to see whether its PCIe/PCI Express - AGP or JUST PCI. This must match and I can not stress importance of it enough.

I'd wait for others input. ATI has some cheaper models that may be able to pull this thing but sometimes ATI stuff can be just plain annoying (It's most likely the driver software though...) If you must pull the lowest price I don't know exactly what model number / product series would be the best choice.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You don't really need to-of the-line graphics hardware in order to properly use Dolphin. Recent PC games need top-of-the-line graphic hardware, not emulators.

However, nVIDIAs 7xxx-8xxx line of cards and ATI Radeons X1xxx and X2xxx cards are more than capable hardware for both PC games and emulators.

teh pwnzr

teh pwnzr
ive got a problem too. SSBM gets like 4-7 fps on my system. I've got a GeForce 8800 GTS (G92), but i don't think that dolphin is using. (No increase in temp). I've got the 64 bit version of dolphin, if that makes any difference. A Q6600 OCd to 3 ghz, and 4 gigs of ram. Any suggestions?

Edit: I just got this comp like a month ago, so drivers shouldn't be the problem.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Have you enabled dual core in the emulator's options. IIRC, Even Dolphin x64 build does not use two cores by default, instead it defaults to one. Your graphics card has nothing to do with the speed you're getting.