What's new

Space Shuttle Columbia blows up over Central Texas

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
AlphaWolf said:
Some people are such fuckheads. I recorded this a few minutes ago from CBS:

Hmm I don't think it's funny to make fun of peoples dead. Too bad some radio station use them to attract audiance.

I just heard a few min ago what happend and saw some pictures on TV (CNN)

:(

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Talk about a motherfucking coincidence, it just had to happen when the first Israeli astronaut was on board... God damnit...

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
This is Sad Indeed, I just read this a few minutes ago & it is all over TV. :(

We wait for a word from the administrators of NASA.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yup, my mom heard and felt it, she is 20 miles away, they thought california had finally fallen into the ocean. The earth shook like a small eathquake.

cooliscoo

EmuTalk Member
DuDe said:
Talk about a motherfucking coincidence, it just had to happen when the first Israeli astronaut was on board... God damnit...

Why the hell do you have to be so selfish? People are people, no matter what race. My prayers go out to each one of them and their families.

Flash

Technomage

Why that engineers was so dumb... :angry: Why they launched that old piece of scrap when its place in the museum ? How many launches was delayed due various malfunctions ?

Everything was fine then fire ? Microscopic cracks in fuel pipes... it was TOO old
And they knew it.
Result - 7 deaths...

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Quite honestly the age of the spacecraft has little to no influence there. If you maintain something well enough, it will last forever. NASA maintains their equipment pretty well.

Eagle

aka Alshain
cooliscoo said:
Why the hell do you have to be so selfish? People are people, no matter what race. My prayers go out to each one of them and their families.

I fully agree.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Flash said:

Why that engineers was so dumb... :angry: Why they launched that old piece of scrap when its place in the museum ? How many launches was delayed due various malfunctions ?

Everything was fine then fire ? Microscopic cracks in fuel pipes... it was TOO old
And they knew it.
Result - 7 deaths...

Obviously you have no idea what your talking about, If NASA had felt it was unsafe, they wouldn't have let it go. This was a problem they couldnt have forseen.

mesman00

What's that...?
any way you look it at, its another catastrophe for the bush administration. my prayers go ou to all of the astronauts families.

also, did anyone see the video of the piece of debree falling off of the shuttle during lift off? anyone know anything more about this?

Macca

Something fell off during takeoff but nasa thought and thought about it till they came to the conclusion that it wasn’t a problem (also they didn’t have the right equipment to do a space walk and investigate further). its unknown if this was a coincident or if they are related

Slougi

Some foam insulation fell of during take-off. Personally I think it is unrelated, the heatshield and the shuttle in general should be able to handle that with zero problems.
IMO, in the long run this was inevitable. The technology is 25 years old, and even the shuttles themselves for the most part. Maybe NASA will be able to secure extra funding now, and design a space shuttle replacement. Something along the lines of the Russian Buran shuttle which was superior in just about every way.
A very sad happening indeed :( Condolences to all people affected by this.

Macca

i doubt that they will ever find out exactly what went wrong but as a rep from NASA said, the foam came off and hit the wing, dislodging a few iles and stuff, it was later this wing where the first problems was detected. but as i said i dunno if they will ever figure this out

2fast4u

cooliscoo said:

agreed. this is tragedy for the families of those people who had to die and it doesnt matter where they are from.