What's new

Soul Calibur 2 The best Fighting game ever

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
I dunno, i think Dead or Alive still kicks some serious ass.

Some Really good lookin' ladies... :drool:

OP
M

matthew

I dunno, i think Dead or Alive still kicks some serious ass.

Some Really good lookin' ladies... :drool:

While i agree dead or alive is a great game I personally feel that the one player game is lacking.

Same goes for Virtua Fighter 1 - 4 , While i like the games the overall presentation is lacking compared to Namco fighters its no real wonder since Namco goes that extra mile when it comes to charachter development / endings and overall features of play. The only real thing Dead or alive could offer over Soul Calibur 2 for me would be the online option and then Virtua fighter 4 doesn't even offer that.

I recon that the next gen Tekken 6 will sell a lot of PS3's simply because of that one game and while the other games aren't technically worse gameplay wise they just don't pack the overall value that Namco games do with regards to all of the above.

I remember one person saying in an arguement about Nintendo WII vs PS3
"Mario is a good game but Tekken is better".
This told me just one thing while hardcore gamers come out with all sorts of reasons to support their console of choice the average person on the street its just about the games.

So in Short Soul Calibur 2 is better
evil.gif

jpfunk82

Banned
let me ask u

Just a couple of days ago I was gonna buy SC3 but ended up w call o duty 3,I kinda wanted to go back for it but is it no better than 2?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I think Soul Calibur III is better than Soul Calibur II, but then again, this is just my opinion.

OP
M

matthew

Just a couple of days ago I was gonna buy SC3 but ended up w call o duty 3,I kinda wanted to go back for it but is it no better than 2?

In my personal opinion Soul Calibur 3 is an excellent game and as a continuation of the Soul Calibur series it does it proud especially with the story lines and the way that it is a product made for the home market however as a fighting game without frills Soul Calibur 2 remains my favourite but Soul Calibur 3 is definitely worth getting if you own a PS2

jpfunk82

Banned
Glad to hear it

I hoped as much, yeah I'll get it.I love sc2 and also now that you guys mention it above,I've had the urge to pick up doa2 again and since then It's still great.