What's new

Something to bitch about

Josep

eyerun4phun
I'm doing a research paper about smoking cigarettes, and ran across the website: www.bw.com

although pointless, i felt like "contacting" them by bitching about how unorganized they are, but the artwork looks pretty cool doesn't it!!:angry:

anyway, this is some of my bitching to them:

As qouted from this website:

"The area in which epidemiological studies do consistently report a small but statistically significant association..."

If its small, then how is it "statistically significant" at the same time?

and another one:

"It is, therefore, our view that, the scientific evidence is not sufficient to establish that environmental tobacco smoke is a cause of lung cancer, heart disease or other chronic diseases."

According to your scientists? that are on your payroll? And second hand smoke does not exsist?
wait, didn't the website claim:

"Several government agencies have evaluated the evidence related to the health effects of environmental tobacco smoke and concluded that ETS is a cause of lung cancer, heart disease, and other chronic respiratory disorders..."

According to several government agencies ETS is dangerous, and there is enough information to explain it. Then the website recognizes it:

"Brown & Williamson recognizes that smoking can be annoying and irritating to nonsmokers and that people may be concerned about possible health hazards associated with exposure to tobacco smoke."

Annoying and irritating? Indecisive and contradictory.

"We believe it is appropriate for people to rely on the advice of public health authorities concerning health risks associated with environmental tobacco smoke."

If we are to rely on the public health authorities, then why did you tell us this:

"It is, therefore, our view that, the scientific evidence is not sufficient to establish that environmental tobacco smoke is a cause of lung cancer, heart disease or other chronic diseases."

Too many loop holes. Consider revision. If the company is trying to be open an honest about its products, then the few qoutes I have posted clearly show how this website is not being truthful. The puncutation is of a grown adult, the ideas are of a confused 15 year old.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yes, they are just trying to save their own skin by inserting technical mumbo jumbo and lies. The fact of the matter is tobacco kills and no matter how much they try to deny it, it still kills. They know this and their company is slowly losing profits so they are trying to trick you into buying their crap.

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
pretty much;) check out www.bw.com's FAQ page, nothing but how to buy from them, nothing about health risks....err, i'm writing a research paper about this right now;)