What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Solved: Problem Loading Texture Pack LOZ 2011

ktmjeff03

Hi, Im using project 64 2.1 with the built in glide plugin and im trying to play ocarina of time with djipi's 2011 texture pack. I followed many guides and watched youtube videos and cant seem to get the pack to load. The texture pack files are in the textures folder in a folder named THE LEGEND OF ZELDA and i have changed the directory to that location. Ive tried 4gb patching, ive tried the final glide plugin instead of the built in one, ive tried various combinations of settings in the texture enhancement, im running as an administrator, but i can never get the pack to load i just flashes loading textures for a second and loads the game normal. Ive done exactly what ive seen in tutorials and videos and it never works. Any help would be appreciated as im new to this and trying my best. thank you

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader

3 - Now go create the "cache" folder.
-

PJ64 2.1 (2.0)Pj64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\Cache

4 - In cache folder, Unzip the archive that contains the .DAT
Archive .DAT files are placed in the cache folder.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

That's still the wrong path, the DATs go in Project64 2.1\Plugin\GFX\Cache. (Glide64.dll also goes in GFX.)

The included Glide64 for PJ64 plugin loads textures from the Texture folder in the Project64 2.1 folder, but I have no idea where it's cache goes.

OP
K

ktmjeff03

Yup that was it i cant believe i had such a hard time with that. I feel dumb haha. I thought the files when in the plugin>cache folder for pj 1.6, and 2.1 could load from anywhere but i was mistaken. Thanks alot for the help you guys are the best