What's new

SmashBros Melee Problem.

preston556

Its time for my question with Dolphin. Normally I don't care for emulators, but
I miss this game, and my disc is gone. So thats my story.

Question Time *yay* I can load SmashBros Melee at an average speed,
but when it comes time for gameplay, the game locks up.
Like after I select my character, I hit enter ( my start button )
and nothing else happens. Ever.

The game is in .gcm format, I think thats normal.
And I realize that this may not work on every computer, but I figured I had
to at least ask someone.

If anyone knows a fix, please share.

Thanks,
~Preston556

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
OP
P

preston556

Thanks,
but unfortuanetly none of these seem to work. The first one is the closest to working, as when I start it up it gives me a send error report.
The 64 bit doesn't work at all.
And oddly enough I tried Linux, as we both figured, nothing.

I'm afraid I can't run the new version of Dolphine. Any other fixes in mind?

Thanks,
Preston556

--I also don't understand where to find my system "specs". If you would tell me how to find them, I'll post them for you.--

---Now my first Dolphine won't even start. It says " Could not Init Core. Check your configuration.---

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

So everyone knows since nyvelia.com keeps being brought up an awful lot without really any mention of anyone else who is hosting revisions, I also host the latest revisions and have a link in my signature.

Xtreme2damax

Just so there isn't any kind of conflict, even though I meant nothing by my last reply, I'll list the mirrors of those who are currently hosting revisions:

Daco: http://www.nyleveia.com/daco

Myself (Xtreme2damax): http://www.xtemu.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=30

omegadox: http://cid-c3b40b7cce647774.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public/DolphinWx?view=details

Just stay away from the pre-compiled Linux binaries, I've heard that it's not a good idea to distribute pre-compiled binaries for Linux and it's better to compile yourself.

I believe because of the nature of the Linux Operating System and the array of different configurations, kernel etc... a pre-compiled build might not work on someone else's system, they would need to compile it for their kernel/distro/configuration.

OP
P

preston556

Thanks,
Thanks to All of you attempting to help me out.
I cannot get Any form of the New Dolphin to load on my computer.
Now as a last resort, I'm going to try to use it on the Vista ( I hate that thing! )
... My new question is... is this able to load on the Vista?

I want to know because its hard to transfer things to the Vista, via FTP.
Have to port it from my computer, to my xbox, to the Vista which could take
along time depending on how much there is.

I'll try it out =D

Thanks,
~Preston556

-- If this doesn't run on DirectX9, is there a version that is somewhat good
and does run on DirectX9?--

Last edited:

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
If you use the OpenGL plugin, you don't have to worry about DirectX level at all (and it WILL run on DX9). Also, do not use the LLE DSP (audio) plugin, it is FUBAR. Use the HLE plugin. Also, it would help if we knew your CPU and video card models.