What's new

Simple Visual Basic Programming Question

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
No it aint pirate, my uncle just nicked it from work for me. And I do know how to use it, but I dont have a clue how to program an emulator, would it be a console app or what.

Trotterwatch

Sammyboy, learn programming first... you basically want someone to write you an emulator line by line, and you just to copy and paste it in the relevant spots. That'd probably be a long and tedious process.

Best you try and figure some things out yourself (what you need to start, ie console app, window etc). You could probably figure that out yourself with some research (for example).

mesman00

What's that...?
sammyboy said:
No it aint pirate, my uncle just nicked it from work for me. And I do know how to use it, but I dont have a clue how to program an emulator, would it be a console app or what.

you NEED to learn how to program before writing an emulator. you can now every last detail about the system you are emulation, but if you have no idea how to program and want to write an emulator, what good is that information to you. go read some beginner tutorials, buy a book, etc. you need to crawl before you walk, walk before you run....get the point?

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Yeha I know, I can program, and I do know quite abit about the language but what I want is a tutorial on programming emulators, this is complelty different to programming Dynamo (for more information go to http://www.crashdown.co.uk - and follow the links) and the other programs that I program (word processors, spreadsheets, powerpoint like programs, arcades).

Trotterwatch

Wow that crashdown site sucks big balls!

... the thing is Sammyboy, by the nature of the questions you have asked, I'm gonna say you can't program. You may be able to put a few forms together and link a few buttons to them, but that ain't programming.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Wow that crashdown site sucks big balls! - What does that mean - I think the site is a bit boring myself.

And I see what you mean. I think I am going to spend a couple of months doing tutorials and then come back to this thread or (if this one is closed) start a new one.

smcd

sammyboy said:

Being "nicked from work" means it isn't being used in it's intended environment, by the people who originally owned/purchased it (though if your uncle took it from work, he might have taken it from elsewhere to use at work in the first place).