What's new

"RSP setting" What is it?

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi guys,

I've just noticed that there is a menu option "RSP settings". When I click on it nothing happens.

What I'd like to know is:

a) What is the RSP, and what is its function ?

b) Does it do nothing when I press it because it's a plugin that I haven't got, or is it something that the authors have put in the program for future use, and just not activated it yet?

c) If it is a plugin, can you tell me which one you'd recommend (or is there only one to choose from ?).

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

My specs:

450mhz amd, 256 mb ram, Voodoo 3 2000

Last edited:

conkerman

conkerman
not being the n64 guru, i 'm doing this by memory... i think the RSP is what the n64 graphics get processed through.. in any matter, there's an RSP and an RDP.. u dont need to know the rdp... if u want to know more, i think some of the original n64 people released some docs on it... zilmar and the pur team... i thnk u can get more info on it (technical) at dextrose.com
conkerman

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
DeadRabbit said:
b) Does it do nothing when I press it because it's a plugin that I haven't got, or is it something that the authors have put in the program for future use, and just not activated it yet?

It is a Plugin, It is called RSP.dll by zilmar. I think the reason nothing comes up is because you dont have it activated in the plugin Config. When you do activate it, you will see 3 options, Send Audio lists to Audio plugin, Send Display lists to Video plugin, and CPU Core. For me, the RSP GIves me a really BIG speed increace... i would recommend that you use it if you have low specs, but you cant use Send Audio Lists for LLE plugins, (AKA: zilmar's & Jabo's Audio Plugins).

Smiff

Emutalk Member
this isn't relevant but it reminded me, 1964 refers a lot to "Zilmar's plugin", the plugin is more Jabo's, the original interpreter and reverse engineering were Zilmar's, but the code that everyone is using (RSP recompiler) is Jabo's... just a niggle there RE credits ;)

"Project64 RSP" or
"RSP plugin by Zilmar and Jabo"

please :)

if 1964 team are reading this

schibo

Emulator Developer
I don't know where you see it referred to like that but if it is I guess I'll take your word for it. This last version is 0% schibo. Btw, what is a "niggle" ?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
a "niggle" is something that bothers you but that you know isn't really important. Except i do think this is important, but most people won't care.

flow``

flow``
lol i know

smiff knows i'm just messing with him..

pj64er: i would explain.. but i really don't care to get into it.