What's new

RPG recommendations?

2fast4u

well, since i havent really played any games for quite a while (the last one i beat was paper mario 2 on the cube, which as you all know has been out for just a little while ;)) and currently im just going through zelda links awakening on vba again but beyond that im currently in need of a new game that could last quite a bit. it seems spare time is going up currently which is nice to see, which could mean ill have some more attention to waste on video games.

now, maybe you guys could recommend me some rpgs worth playing on the xbox? i havent really looked into it for quite a while so you say im not up to date at all :whistling anything good out there? hints would be appreciated :happy:

Last edited:

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
Excelent question. Although XBox is shy on RPG's compared to its rival PS2, it sports some great RPGs.

Knights of the Old Republic: Simply great, its got a PC feel to it as far as RPGs go (the Battle System especially) and it alows you to either be a fucker to people and dable in the Dark Side of the force, or be your typical Jedi on the Light side. Excellent replayability and you can custimize your Light Sabers (yeah!). This game proved to me that XBox can deliver a great RPG experience.

Morrowind - Elder Scrolls III: Its a first person RPG, its got some interesting things, a cool "job system" much like Final Fantasy Tactics. Personally i never got in to it much, but thats cause i'mma Playstation fanboy. Give it a shot, you might like it.

Fable: A good one to check out also.

Dunno, thats just what my little bro's got for RPGs in his collection... he's got the XBox, I got the PS2.

Allnatural

X-Men Legends (and it's sequel) are available for the Xbox. Mix the X-men with Diablo and you've got a decent way to kill about 20 hours.

Dark Watcher

Hmm...
As mentioned Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
Fable

and Jade Empire (from the makers of Knights of the Old Republic)

bcrew1375

If you have a Gamecube, have you played Tales Of Symphonia? Hmm, Xbox RPGs though... I thought Jade Empire was pretty good, so that's two votes for that.

OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

cheers for the tips guys. ill probably settle for knights of the old republic for now as its really cheap to get on ebay. fable also looks interesting...maybe im gonna give it a shot later. :D

JevilKnevil

Well, if you have a gamecube you should get Tales and Baten Kaitos. Started playing Kaitos last week, it really is a great game. BK2 is coming next year, so mucho time to play BK1. :)