What's new

Roms = Promotion!

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I doubt that Nintendo will ever do anything emulation related because they've said, and are still saying, so many nasty (and sometimes bullshit) things about it, that it would be almost like they can't (do anything emulation related) because they have way too much pride to admit they were so wrong.

shark1686

are roms ILLEAGLE? i mean i see so many websites saying crap about owning the actual rom and all but what can actually happen? how does it happen? do you get fined? put in jail? what???

jollyrancher

are roms ILLEAGLE? i mean i see so many websites saying crap about owning the actual rom and all but what can actually happen? how does it happen? do you get fined? put in jail? what???

Blah Blah Blah... throw a party.... 100th post.... yeah they come to your house and beat you and put you in jail....

smegforbrain

shark1686 said:

There are some loopholes in the law - the main one being the legal right to make a backup.

The big one that is NOT true is the whole "24 hours to use" bullshit.

There are certain ways you can legally back up a rom, and you cannot distribute. You must own the game.

If you get a rom from somebody else, even if you own the game, it's still an illegal copy because you didn't make the backup your self.

That's the gist of it.

silenteye

The Khan Artist said:
What beats me is why they don't do something like make an offical N64 emu and sell the games online for $5 or $10 a pop.
well, dont give them any ideas! :puke: :nemu: