What's new

roms (im not asking 4 them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew69

im a retard & cant spell
i was just wondring y u cant ask 4 roms (im not asking 4 them i know where u can get them)it probely says y some where but i cant find it and load of people ask 4 them (apart from the fact there boring i cant see the point) any way must dash my granny is on fire burn bi*ch burn (i dont like her)
:devil: :devil: :angry: :angry:

i dident know where 2 put this so i put it on my favorite emulater
in hindsight i shode have put it in the genral n64 discussion but i dont know how 2 move it
:1964:

Last edited:
OP
drew69

drew69

im a retard & cant spell
ya but the onley way u can play roms r with emulators so even tho emulators ar'nt illegal its going along the same lines but if posting rom request get this fourm in s*it then i'll drop the subject

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Actually, you can also play ROMs on the actual hardware, which is where their only pseudo-legal use comes into play.

Cartridge ROMs deteriorate over time, resulting in OLD cartridges refusing to run, due to corrupt sectors.

The idea behind backup ROMs is just that - you back up the physical ROMs you *own* so you'll still have it when your cart stops working.

That's why it's *technically* legal to own a ROM if you own a physical cartridge version.

Now of course the IDSA had to be bastards and make ROMs pretty much illegal in every sense, by making backup devices effectively illegal.

The only TRULY "legal" ROMs are ones captured via EEPROM readers, which is a chore to say the very least. Nobody bothers with that though.

OP
drew69

drew69

im a retard & cant spell
i thourght that if u onley had the rom 4 24 hours it was legal but maby i was wrong

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
drew69 said:
i thourght that if u onley had the rom 4 24 hours it was legal but maby i was wrong

Nnnnnnnnnope. That's false, hun. Some people way back when invented that to justify having 'em, but that is totally wrong.

Gorxon

Administrator
Well, roms are illegal as said above indeed...the only way it can be legal is Public Domain roms (which we gladly will you give you links to) and the one you backup from your own cartridge using a backup device.

Emulation64.com/Emutalk.net does not wanna be associated with illegal stuff in any form, so this rule also apply to warez and so on. And, roms attracts lamers like flies to dirt...:saint:

I appriciate that you asked in this way tho, instead of just breaking one of the few(?) rules we've got :holiday:

Martin

Administrator
drew69, you're awfully close to get banned/warned. ROM discussions are not appreciated here.

OP
drew69

drew69

im a retard & cant spell
i was just wundring y i was close to being banned/warned im inquisitive kind of person like that

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
Because you don't follow our rules, specifically this point:

"DO NOT!
*Ask for ROMs (commercial games), tell people where to get ROMs, or ask people to contact you outside the forum. If you are looking for Public Domain roms (demos), 200+ of them are available here."

OP
drew69

drew69

im a retard & cant spell
ok i realy need 2 read the rules ill do that now soz if i hacked of any 1

ill just go back 2 my cave and cry (after i read the rules)

OP
drew69

drew69

im a retard & cant spell
ok i just finshed reading the rules 4 my defence i dident know soz

any way laterz

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Martin said:
Because you don't follow our rules, specifically this point:

"DO NOT!
*Ask for ROMs (commercial games), tell people where to get ROMs, or ask people to contact you outside the forum. If you are looking for Public Domain roms (demos), 200+ of them are available here."

But he didn't ask for ROMs, he was just wondering why he can't.

Martin

Administrator
Incorrect, you appearantly didn't see the post he deleted where he asked people to mail him.

OP
drew69

drew69

im a retard & cant spell
i deleted some of my post becous martin said they were a genst there rules (ah well rules are rules) but i did not ask 4 roms i said that if people wanted roms 2 email me not the fourm this is the post i deleted sorry 4 the confushion

Martin

Administrator
drew69 said:
i deleted some of my post becous martin said they were a genst there rules (ah well rules are rules) but i did not ask 4 roms i said that if people wanted roms 2 email me not the fourm this is the post i deleted sorry 4 the confushion

That justifies nothing. Please read my post above regarding the rules again:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?postid=98728#post98728

This thread is going nowhere, locking and moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.