What's new

Rice's Plugin 6.1.0c polygon/z-buffer(?) problem

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Hi i've a problem with Rice's plugin (newest version).
just see the shots below.
My system is a PIV 2,53 Ghz 1GB ram and a Radeon 9700 (nonpro)
(DELL dimension 4550)
im useing the Catalyst 5.2 CP driver
and i want to know what driver could solve this problem...
i only have this problem with this plugin and the ones before from Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Are you sure that you are using version 6.1.0c, or just 6.1.0 or 6.1.0b?

If yes, run the game, then check the option called "Near plane hack" or "Z-Hack" in the current rom option tab, it should be the option at the left-bottom corner of the configuration window. If the option enabled, then disable it.

Last edited:
OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
yes it is this plugin: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=259886#post259886
and near plane z hack is disabled... btw i have this error since a long time now, but only with your plugins

ah, and in fullscreen i often have the problem that the game seems to redraw some frames that passed since some ms. so the screen flickers back or something like that (dont really know how to describe it).

Last edited:
OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
it is with both APIs i tried direct-x and openGL in your plugin...
both exactly the same result

gokuss4

Meh...
Yep, I do too, Rice. Also Mario's face, all settings are at default. I have a 9800 Pro 5.3 catalyst. It's ALWAYS been like that, even on the older catalyst and even an nvidia card I had. screenshots to compare.

Also, something about the transparency through Link's outfit. I think it's a plugin related issue. You can check the screeny here http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=26320&page=12&pp=15

the 4th post on that page.
the 1st screeny is from Jabo, 2nd, from yours (Oh you can tell by the hi-rez tex)

Reznor007

For what it's worth, I get it too on my Radeon 9600(nonpro) with Cat 5.3 drivers. Direct64 works without these glitches.