What's new

Reviving my old N64 collection

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Lately i've felt nostalgic, Just wanted to revive my old consoles. plus the upside of the games working perfectly appeals to me... nothing compares to putting the physical cart into the console.

I have a decent sized n64 collection, I will show off! (I bet some of you have a bigger set than me)

Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Blast Corps
Conker's Bad Fur Day, Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64, Doom 64, Extreme-G
F-1 World Grand Prix 1 & 2, F-Zero X, Forsaken
Gex 64 Enter the Gecko, Glover, Goldeneye
GT64, Iggys Reckin' Balls, Jet Force Gemini
Lylat Wars (Aka Star Fox 64), Mario Kart 64
Mischief Makers, Mission: Impossible,
Multi-Racing Championship,
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, Perfect Dark
Pilotwings 64, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2
Rocket Robot on Wheels, Shadowman, South Park
Spacestation Silicon Valley, Super Mario 64, Tetrisphere
The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask,
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Top Gear Rally, Turok 2 Seeds of Evil
Turok Dinosaur Hunter, Turok Rage Wars
V-Rally Edition 99, Wave Race 64
Wipeout 64, Yoshi's Story

I bought about 25 of them the years when the n64 was dying so I got a lot cheap, I want more XD - I love this thing, feel bad for letting it get neglected for so long.

Why do it when you can emulate some people might ask: simple... because 1) Nostalgia & 2) because my games will run perfectly, top gear rally for instance is unplayable on emulators.

I want even more, too. So who else has been digging around for their console and games lately?

smcd

I started picking up Gamecube stuff a couple months ago. have 2 systems, 1 with lcd, 4 memory cards, 4 controllers (one a wavebird in great shape) and a low-30s game count :)

Don't have any n64 stuff though, except a couple controllers

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I have one of those things too, the only console I don't really have is the NES. We used to have one, it broke.

I found my megadrive (america calls it a genesis), and master system too. But I need a replacement for the tv output cable.

Its strange but I play games on emulator but it feels so much different to play it on a tv with the actual controller, it shouldn't but it does.

Like for instance, I've got bsnes and a donkey kong country rom, I play that, I get bored, I have my real snes and the real cart of the game and I play through it a lot more, whats up with that?

Allnatural

Its strange but I play games on emulator but it feels so much different to play it on a tv with the actual controller, it shouldn't but it does.

Like for instance, I've got bsnes and a donkey kong country rom, I play that, I get bored, I have my real snes and the real cart of the game and I play through it a lot more, whats up with that?
If I were going to recreate a truly authentic experience I'd be playing NES games on a 13" B&W tv. That's the way it was in my day and we liked it!

Also, walking four miles in three feet of snow to buy the latest game, etc... :p

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I was just using my N64 and Dreamcast the other day. Thinking about reviving my SNES and NES from the closet also.

I have about 10 more titles since I had taken this picture. Note the special DK edition 64 system. :)
Nintendo64.JPG

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Well I finally got to actually play some of these n64 carts of mine, my nephew decided to pinch my n64's expansion pak a while back - i couldn't exactly ask for it back, stupid kids.

Anyways, I didn't know that removing the thing would make the whole console useless - there must've been a cap for the slot there to tell the n64 the circuit was complete because my current n64 wouldn't do anything until I got a replacement expansion pak.

feels nice to play the genuine thing XD

I been playing my snes before now.

Last edited:

Natnatertater

N64 Operative
That's pretty cool Lazertag. Could you tell me what's up with the controller on the right though? And what's the cart above NBA?

Clements

My real N64 broke down a while ago, but I still have all my games. Weird how my SNES outlasted the N64.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I've got 2 n64s that work perfectly but only 1 has an expansion pak. I'll set my collection out someday and get pics, I have a good bit of consoles but lack in the game department.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I cant play my N64 because it just looks terrible on my HD Digital TV :(

I really wish i kept an old analogue one now just for The Retro Consoles :unsure: