What's new

Resident Evil Zero Problem....

Xtreme2damax

I saw this game was listed as ingame only so I decided to test it thinking I would be able to at least see it go ingame with graphics.

Unfortunately this is not the case, while yes I can get ingame the menu graphics are not displayed, movies are bright flashing colors and when I actually get ingame it is a black screen with a big tan square graphic in the middle of the black screen that takes up 75% of the emulation window.

I am however able to access my inventory, view the map it's just the ingame graphics aren't being displayed.

I know my graphics card isn't the problem as it supports all the necessary features Dolphin requires shader model 3.0 etc....

Is this normal for Resident Evil Zero at this stage of the emulators life, has anyone had different results or got ingame graphics to show for this game?

I like the idea of someday being able to cart most of my Gamecube games around on a gaming laptop in the future and play them on an emulator for ultra portability and gaming on the go.

I drool at teh thought of playing Resident Evil 4 in all it's glory on my PC/Laptop, and no the PC version of Resident Evil 4 doesn't hold a candle to the Gamecube/Wii versions. :p

It would be nice to someday play the entire Resident Evil series on a laptop while on the go. :D

If you need to know My version of Resident Evil Zero is the NTSC version which I managed to dump after I got a hold of some tools from a friend.

I believe it's perfectly ok as long as it's my copy that I ripped, it was just someone else's tools I used to dump my copy of RE: Zero until I can get a hold of a USB Gecko myself.

Sercio

Go and open your flipper.ini in the dolphin main folder and change the line Postprocess=0 to Postprocess=2 and save...
Then start RE0 in dolphin go ingame and just open and quit the GFX settings. Tell me if its work!

*uhm btw which dolphin version do you use#?

OP
X

Xtreme2damax

Go and open your flipper.ini in the dolphin main folder and change the line Postprocess=0 to Postprocess=2 and save...
Then start RE0 in dolphin go ingame and just open and quit the GFX settings. Tell me if its work!

*uhm btw which dolphin version do you use#?

Thanks, I got the trial version of XP64 off of Microsofts website, so I'm testing the latest Dolphin x64 Public/Private Beta. ;)

:Edit: That didn't work. :p

Does this game show in game graphics or not?

Last edited:
OP
X

Xtreme2damax

Yelp Please.....

Is there any way to get ingame graphics to display, or does this game not display anything and just goes "ingame".

I thought the term "ingame" would mean that some kind of ingame graphics were displayed not just a black screen with a large tan obstruction taking 75% - 80% of the screen up.

I already know ingame doesn't mean playable but I thought I would at least get to see ingame graphics on this emulator. :p

I really wish people would stop posting questions about this game or that game not working. Most games do not work and the emulator is really not worth using yet.

Post this on the main site for all to see and stop all the game specific questions.

It's almost useless to have this forum here answering question after question about something that just does not work no matter what you do. If you have a question about something, just figure the answer is it does not work and end it.

Last edited:

smcd

I really wish people would stop posting questions about this game or that game not working. Most games do not work and the emulator is really not worth using yet.

Post this on the main site for all to see and stop all the game specific questions.

It's almost useless to have this forum here answering question after question about something that just does not work no matter what you do. If you have a question about something, just figure the answer is it does not work and end it.

Why be such a jerk? He was being civil and just wanted some help, not the same old "HOW COME THE ROMSS!?!!!"

I was not really talking to him, but the site. The site and the emulator gives people the idea that the thing works when it does not, and so we get questions about it. After all, if there is a forum about it, it must work, right? No!!

Put something up on the main forum that says, nothing works well or barley at all, come back in a few years.

OP
X

Xtreme2damax

So um what's the problem? I can't help it you had a bad day, I was keeping my post civil enough.

Is an emulation forum not supposed to have game related questions? Isn't an emulation forum a person to person help forum regarding problems with games and emulators? It wasn't as if I were asking does X or Y game work. I was merely stating that I saw this game as "ingame" status.

When I thought ingame I thought that would mean I could get ingame and see ingame graphics or at least corrupted ingame graphics and it would crash thus not being playable and earning an ingame status. I didn't know that ingame I wouldn't be able to see anything except a black screen with a big tan colored obstruction covering 75% - 80% of the emulation window.

So thinking it may of been an error of configuration or a problem on my end I decided to post here to see if anyone else had the same problem and had solved it.

So I stress and ask again where and what's the problem, what reason did you have to snap at my post/thread. What the eff have I ever done wrong?

You might want to think next time before hitting that "Submit Reply" button. ;)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Starscream's problem has more to do with the dozens of people who come here to ask for help on GameCube emulation, only to be amazed and angry that the emulation doesn't live up to their expectations one way or the other (usually either speed wise, as in their bitchin'-fast setup yeilds single-digit speed, or supported games-wise, as in their favorite game doesn't work right).

Sure, Starscream has gone beyond the point where he most likely doesn't care anymore if people asking for help are those fitting in the category above or those who just want to see how far GameCube emulation has come, and who don't really care if the game is playable beyond getting in-game.

OP
X

Xtreme2damax

Starscream's problem has more to do with the dozens of people who come here to ask for help on GameCube emulation, only to be amazed and angry that the emulation doesn't live up to their expectations one way or the other (usually either speed wise, as in their bitchin'-fast setup yeilds single-digit speed, or supported games-wise, as in their favorite game doesn't work right).

Sure, Starscream has gone beyond the point where he most likely doesn't care anymore if people asking for help are those fitting in the category above or those who just want to see how far GameCube emulation has come, and who don't really care if the game is playable beyond getting in-game.

Well myself only seeing ingame or ingame graphics are good enough. I'm not expecting to be playing Gamecube games on my PC at least not for a good while.

I wanted to test it out, nothing more and I simply thought the problem resided on my side or an error with configuration.

I know that emulation or PS2 and Gamecube emulation is nowheres near perfect yet and most games do not run full speed or simply don't work.

I am not a n00b by all means and am quite familiar with the emulation scene being a reputable and well liked member at Ngemu, earning a Super Mod position on General Plot's forum so I am quite cautious and informed on the rules and emulation in general. ;)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I am not a n00b by all means and am quite familiar with the emulation scene being a reputable and well liked member at Ngemu, earning a Super Mod position on General Plot's forum so I am quite cautious and informed on the rules and emulation in general. ;)
That is no doubt a good thing.