What's new

Resident Evil 2 Issues

Maximus

:pj64: Well, after a few days of trial and error, I've realised that alternating the configuration isn't going to make RE2 stable (pretty lame eh?). So the only way to play RE2 is using the savestate. The game seems to be very unstable and hang at long cutscene, so just save your state before the cutscene and load it when the cutscene hang, you can also try to spot the 'Hang point' in the cutscene (I've discovered that the cutscene seems to be always hang at certain point) and press F5 to save before that point, but remember to backup your save! It's a pain that if you save at a point which the game already hang and you have to start EVERYTHING, believe me, I've tried it.
And the zbuffer error, not even the FDE/FDC can improve.

Another thing is, I'm currently working on a Chinese Language Translation and since I don't have my own website, I'm asking if anyone could help me to upload the file. Anyone who is interested please email me at: [email protected]

OP
M

Maximus

The snd problem also happen to be in cutscene, other than that the snd is ok. And if you set the large compile buffer, turn off ABL, use triple buffer, force filtered rendering, D3D Clear Mode (always or one per frame) and Emulate clear, the problem will have some improvement.
Rice plugin doesn't work on my machine, the game won't even boot up (no error message, though). So anyone could give me the configuration? I mean vdo plugin, RSP plugin, odo pludin, system setting, rom setting etc. thnx!

My sysytem spec.:
AMD Duron 900MHz, EPOX 8KTA3L+ Motherboard (w/Via 4in1 4.40v driver), 256MB SDRAM, Maxtor 20GB 5400rpm HDD (~4.7G free), Winfast Geforce2 MX/MAX 400 64MB SD (w/Detanator 30.82), WinME.