What's new

[Request] Modem emulation

misko1311

Hi,

So,you kinda see it from the title,I would like to request a modem emulation feature for the Demul emulator if it's possible. There's not much more to explain as you probably know more about it than I do. I know that nullDC supports modem emulation (and I actually use it to play DC games because it's way faster for me than Demul) but I am afraid to install WinPcap because I read on their website that it could crash you r OS,even though it was supposedly fixed,I am still kind of afraid as I love this computer :D But if anyone has it installed can you please test if the modem emulation on nullDC works for you? So I won't install it for nothing.

EDIT:

Even if you won't accept it this time but are you ever planning to add a modem emulation? As the BBA feature is working pretty good but it isn't working with Sonic Adventure game,just with the XDP Browser but it would be neat to get a modem emulation. Yeah,nullDC has partial modem emulation but it won't even connect to internet so yeah,I know why they call it partial now :D And I would really like to try that Sonic Adventure webpage in-game for the real genuine feeling :)

Last edited by a moderator:

spotanjo3

Hi,

So,you kinda see it from the title,I would like to request a modem emulation feature for the Demul emulator if it's possible. There's not much more to explain as you probably know more about it than I do. I know that nullDC supports modem emulation (and I actually use it to play DC games because it's way faster for me than Demul) but I am afraid to install WinPcap because I read on their website that it could crash you r OS,even though it was supposedly fixed,I am still kind of afraid as I love this computer :D But if anyone has it installed can you please test if the modem emulation on nullDC works for you? So I won't install it for nothing.

You are asking the wrong site. The developer is at: http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewforum.php?f=25 and they speak English as well.

And please edit your post. Do not double post, ok ? ;)

Edit: Fixed! :D

OP
M

misko1311

Oh yes I am sorry for the double posting. And about the request,I think I've seen a few requests around here so that's why I asked.

EDIT: So I found this little thing called "Virtual Modem" from fabulatech (I cannot post an URL so you'll have to find it yourself) and it seems to emulate almost exactly the thing that a DC is using as it's modem. Do you think that it could somehow get "ported" to a DC emulator so you could create a virtual modem? Or atleast somehow who knows how to work with that stuff could take a look at it?

Last edited: