What's new

Region Spoofer/Converter?

Xtreme2damax

I have a question, say if I import a Gamecube game from another country and dump it to test via Dolphin is there any way to spoof the region so instead of showing a flag from another country it'll show a flag of my choice say from where I live?

The reason I'm asking is because I may be thinking of importing a couple game to which I haven't decided when I get the money but I'm such a neat freak with my PC and OCD that it will bug me if a couple of the flags/countries are off in Dolphin.

I don't know how Dolphin grabs region info or if it can even be patched/spoofed but if there is please let me know how to do it.

Thank You. :)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
So I take it that means theres no way to spoof how it appears on the game list in Dolphin or change it?
The ID of the game consist of 4 letters (+2 additional which are done by dolphin) and the fourth letter IIRC is the language indicator. That means, if there's a J, it will show a Japanese flag and so on. AFAIK there's no way to change the internal ID in an easy way, so no way to change the flags, sorry...

Last edited:
The gcm or iso is the game file and that is where you should find the region info. Like I said, you may be able to hex edit the info you need. Maybe I will take a look at it in a few days but if not, it will be up to you to figure out how to do it on your own and if it's even possible. This was just an idea I had, I didn't expect to have to walk you through it all. :)