What's new

recovering a bad video flash bios

gokuss4

Meh...
Is there a way where I can reload my original bios into my video card? I have an X850 Pro, and I flashed it to an X850 XT (yes, my card is a vivo). Now the video won't come on. I'm using my old geforce 2mx... ugh.. I had to upgrade from my ATI 9800 pro went out on me just suddenly. So, anyone? Oh, and yes I made a backup of my bios, and put it on the same bootable CD...

Basically here's what I posted at another forum.. it explains a lot more

I have a slight problem.. I flashed my video card bios (from x850Pro to an x850XT) from a bootable CD.. I followed all the instructions, and it only showed up as 12 rendering pipelines still. My card is a vivo. That's not the main problem though.. after trying to redo it, I tried that empty.bin bios file and rebooted.. BIG MISTAKE. The damn site should tell people not to do that. I was stupid on that part. Now I don't get video to come up on my screen using the video card.. I'm using a backup GeForce 2mx.. I might see if I can find my old old voodoo 3 PCI somewhere... I may not still have it. Is there a way to get it back to normal? Yes I have my old bios on the bootable CD as bios dump.bin (shows up as bios_dum.bin in DOS). I tried flashing the bios just using a blank screen and going by what i remember and all that. Still no luck.. so could anyone help me?

Last edited:

TerraPhantm

Is your card PCI-express? If so, then its just about impossible to unlock those pipes. Anyways to recover it, put in a PCI video card (preferably non-ATi) while keeping the X850 in your system. Then flash the X850 with the right bios file. You might have to set your BIOS to boot from PCI first, if it isn't already set to do so.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
I got it! My card is back up and running. I found my old voodoo 3 PCI and flashed my x850pro from there... and it's an agp, not pci-e.