What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Real Rogue Squadron Retexture

Xii-Nyth

Hi everyone,

I've been dumping and sorting all the textures lately, just got a few levels left.

The only problem I've run into is that the radar updates on every movement with a different texture.

Also, quick note that many 2d elements are split into tiles.

I'm going to keep 2 separate links running here, which are the unedited originals, and the textures I've worked on.

Link:

Update: It was sorta impossible to sort things out when they were tiny little icons, so I just ran an upscaler and then sorted them. They are pretty close to the original without losing any small details since I allowed more "noise", and also rogue swadron doesnt have very big textures vs other games.

Will Update the link soon, need to redo the background images now that I have un-tiled them.

Last edited:
OP
Xii-Nyth

Xii-Nyth

Also if anyone wants any tips on what settings to use to get rogue squadron running smoothly, I've even gotten it to work without issues in ancient versions of 1964 ;)

Last edited:
OP
Xii-Nyth

Xii-Nyth

oh I havent had time to work on this one, its gonna be done at some point though, not to the same quality as pd since theres many other star wars games