What's new

Read This before asking for help.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
First off, we need to know as much about your computer environment as possible.

to do this you can do 1 of the following.

Download Everest Home and copy paste the summary page

Run DirectX Diagnostics and attach the log file (StartMenu > Run(or CTRL+R) > Type "Dxdiag" and press enter, click save log file, and then attach that file to a post.

Secondly, we need to know your Project64 Configuration, so you need to open the Project64 options, and list what plugin versions you are using.

Third, we need to know whether you have been messing with any advanced controls in your nvidia control panel, or ATI control panel/CCC if you have such video cards, and what video colour mode you are using.

Lastly, we need to know the name, what Version(U,E,J,A,G,S,etc) and what revision(1.0,1.1,1.2,1.3) and whether the rom you are using is a good one, which is indicated by a [!].

This will allow us to help you the best way possible.

Last edited:

Iconoclast

For detecting the graphics card, I just have them open the configuration for Jabo's graphics plugins. There is another method I keep not remembering.

Don't forget to ask if it has a [!] at the end. Obviously most ROM files do, but there are some people out there who don't know what to pick from when using something hustler.net and something bay.net.

the master 123

What is the difference if the file name doesn't have the [!] at the end. Also I figure I post a page as a example. It an attantment so you won't have to scroll 5 pages. I on a school computer by the way I don't use this to play pj64 or other game at school because I have my own notebook I use theirs however because they don't have wireless internet.

Last edited:

Iconoclast

If the ROM doesn't have a [!] at the end, then it's a hacked ROM, bad dump, or something else retarded.

Sure that's the kind of ROMs you want to emulate? To be honest, I don't even believe in GoodN64; I think it's pointless to check a verified good dump, unless the site has a history of only sometimes uploading [!] ROMs and other times not whereas you won't directly know.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Or then whoever hosted those roms simply didn't rename the roms according to GoodNames.

OP
squall_leonhart

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
it would also be good to know the hack revision... ie... the 60hz hack of the MQ E rom is M1