What's new

rant

mesman00

What's that...?
i finally got unlazy and installed fire fox on my linux boot (not like it takes much effort, all i had to do was download the pre-compiled binary) and it is superior. even kicks opera's ass imo.

Clements

I'm definitely a FireFox convert, it's great for Windows too since IE is so crap it's unbeliveable! It seems like FireFox is impenetrable to spyware I barely need to run ad-aware anymore (it detected just 2 ad cookies on my comp- that was it, and they probably came from IE!)

I wish that Firefox was used as the default browser at Uni, I run scans and sometimes there are more than 400 spyware objects that stupid (sports science :p) students have installed! I'll never go back to IE on my main comp, even after SP2 with the proposed improvements that Firefox already does and more.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
How exactly does it kick Opera's ass? What's better in it in your opinion? I've not come across anything better that Opera. And i don't attend to try anything new unless it's something spectacular.

Trotterwatch

It kicks Operas ass with regards to it being just as fast, and just as functional (with the right plugins). Plus it is legally free without being subjected to a large banner ad:)

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
As well as it support current cool effects, like div opacity, as well as conforming to W3C standards almost perfectly (appose to Opera's semi-compilance).