What's new

Random Crashes and Freezes

I keep getting random freezes in games (mostly goldeneye) and the emulator will crash without warning occasionally. I'm using Glide64 for video, and I change the audio to suit the game so I know its not that.

Its just a tad frustrating to play certain games like Pokemon Stadium 2 fearing that the emu might crash at any given moment. :homestar:

Is this an issue with Project64 in general? It just seems to crash an awful lot, and I can almost summon crashes by changing the game I'm playing.

Does 1964 do this? I may have to try that one out later.

Thanks.

OP

Smiff said:
if you don't use all default plugins and settings, we can't support it.

Okay.....:huh:

So you are stating that its the plugins that are casuing the crashes? Or you just don't want to comment? I'm not trying to start an emulator war here but I would like to get help troubleshooting these issues. If I used the default plugins then games like Pokemon Stadium 2 and Goldeneye won't even work properly.....:bye3:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
im saying i personally will not look at stability issues that occur if using 3rd party components, because theres too many things that could go wrong, don't have time to hunt them all down. sorry.
i can't help with your situation (because) you're not giving enough info

Last edited:
OP

Smiff said:
im saying i personally will not look at stability issues that occur if using 3rd party components, because theres too many things that could go wrong, don't have time to hunt them all down. sorry.
i can't help with your situation (because) you're not giving enough info

What kind of info do you need?

I did try 1964 and while it lasted longer without crashing, out of nowhere Goldeneye suddenly froze up during one of the missions. :plain: Sooo..I guess that points the plugins as being the culprit. (In which case if a mod sees this, move it to the plugin forums, thanks)

So the plugins I use are Glide64 0.8, Azimers HLE 0.56 WIP 2 and N-Rage's 1.82A Input. One of those is causing the crashing but I'm unsure which. Since I basically need Glide64 for the best results as I've seen, I'll attempt the audio. What is another audio plugin I can try that won't skip and be out of sync?

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Well, we need to know your PC specifications, and your PC platform etc...
EDIT: Ah, just saw your other thread. I can't really think of anything, your problem seems to be system dependent.

Last edited:
OP

Googol said:
Well, we need to know your PC specifications, and your PC platform etc...
EDIT: Ah, just saw your other thread. I can't really think of anything, your problem seems to be system dependent.

System dependant? I find that hard to believe, these are the only programs with such crashes. I just don't get why a game would suddenly feeeze, the FPS counter continues like nothing is wrong....so what could it be? A sync error?