What's new

PS3 games could cost $84

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If I ever get a PS3, I don't think I want to buy games legally anymore. The cost is just too high.

Last edited:
OP
Toasty

Toasty

Sony battery
And just think - with Blu-ray, downloading games could easily consume 50GB of bandwidth. Is anyone actually going to be able to afford to spend all the time and/or money that it will cost to play the PS3? Sony is digging their own grave.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I don't find this too surprising. Hell, even SNES games were pricey back in the day.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The reason for the price hike: Rising development cost, according to Impress Watch.
Ok Sony, Nobody will think less of you if you drop out now - seriously next thing they'll tell us is that rentals will cost $20 each.

Cid

I'll just treat this as a rumor. We will actually know the truth on November, if Sony actually deliver. Why does next-gen games have to have "next-gen" prices :(

BlueFalcon7

Actually, you would be surprised at what kind of idiots at my school actually want to get a PS3. They are loaded rich bastards, but they are actually convinced that the PS3 will be good because its expensive.

I just cant wait for the price to be confirmed, and I hope its high, so people wont buy it, I hate Sony.

smegforbrain

Sony has to know that they can't raise prices higher than $60 here in the US.

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't surprise me that they'd think they could suck a little bit more out of the Japanese.

Miretank

Lurking
Sony will be defeated by themselves. Can't they see that people want to play games instead of spending big money?

Ah, I am just taking a look at some PS3 forums, even the fanboys are getting pretty screwed up with Sony. :p Why would I want 50GB thingie that promises to have awesome graphics but my TV won't render those graphics with the same perfection?

PS3 will a console for RICH people. Only whom has money left to spend will afford a PS3. Couldn't imagine me saying this but, HAIL 360. :|

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Indeed, they're predicting Sony's fall. If Sony does not do anything about this, they will be doomed! Mwahaha!
*Ahem* Yes, Sony still only sees the money they COULD make and not the money they WILL make.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
*hugs his xbox360* Sony seem to be making a joke of themselves, but they're in the headlines I guess, I predict sony calling bankrupt before too long.

BlueFalcon7

gokuss4 said:
If Sony does this... the battle will be between the Wii and 360.. the PS3 is out by disqualification :p
I dont think that the Wii, and the 360 are really at war right now, Microsoft acknowleged that people are most likely going to get a 360, and a Wii. However, Sony did say that people would get a PS3 and a Wii.