What's new

Project64 1.6 save folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanshhn

I have a problem. I downloaded the project64 1.6 and when i open its folder there is no 'save' folder. Yet, the reason why i even know about this folder is because sites talk about this folder for you to place files in there so when you play a game items that are on the file in the save folder are loaded on to the game. Yet after i download the project64 1.6, i open its folder and inside, no 'save' folder exists. So i created a 'save' folder and placed the file i wanted to put in there in the 'save' folder and started up a rom but it doesnt load the items onto the game. Can anyone help me with this issue?

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
"Options --> Settings..." go to the Options tab, there uncheck the "Hide Advanced Options" checkbox. Then go to the directories tab and for "N64 Auto saves" point it to your save folder. THEN load up the game in question.

OP
J

jonathanshhn

Im sorry but that reply does absolutely nothing at all towards my problem. I still have no access to any 'save' folder to place things in it to load onto a game.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you don't have a save folder, create one. Then make sure that the N64 auto save directory points to that folder.

Agozer

uncheck hidden files and folders in the windows explorer options menu under advanced
And that would do what, exactly? None of the folders or files Project64 or or the user creates are hidden by default.

OP
J

jonathanshhn

Ok Agozer, i understand your reply and i implemented it. The result, it didnt work towards my issue. Placing mods or other info into a save file which then can be loaded in a game. StuMan, i cant try your method because i dont understand your directory, where exactly is the windows explorer options menu?

Agozer

What is the extension of the save files you are trying to use? Note that in order for a particular game to pick up a save file from the save folder, the save file's filename has to match the ROMs internal header name.

i.e. for Conker's Bad Fur Day, its internal name is CONCER BFD; for Super Mario 64, it's SUPER MARIO 64. You can check a given ROMs header information by right-clicking an entry in the Rom Browser and choosing Rom Information.

P.S. StuMan is not really helping you at all, what he's doing is confusing you at best.

Last edited:
OP
J

jonathanshhn

Ok Agozer, how do i find out the extension of the save files and give them to you? And another thing, in regards to checking a roms header information, i dont know where to find the rom browser and rom information. Im guessing the rom browser is where you first load your project64 and it displays all the roms you have, because ive seen pictures of pj64's doing this online. However, my pj64 doesnt do this, i dont think mine came with that function. Also, would it be best for me and you to just instant message one another? It would be easier than this back and forth forum posting method. I dont know what instant messaging utilities you have but i have msn with my email address being [email protected] if you would like to add me.

Agozer

The Rom Browser is indeed the first window you see when you start Project64. If you don't see it then you are doing something wrong (and I can't fathom what that could be, since it's given that the browser is the first thing to show up when you start project64).

OP
J

jonathanshhn

Agozer, ive worked out how to open my rom browser and right click a rom choosing 'rom information'. It makes a small table of details pop up. So which one is the internal header name? Is it the one called 'ROM name' or 'file name' or something else?

Agozer

I think we should continue this conversation in your other thread. No point in posting the same things over and over again in different threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.