What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

Rice

Emulator Developer
A GUI problem ?

This is apparently a GUI problem. These ROMs are a couple of demo ROMs.

There is no problem with 1964.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
That's not a GUI problem is it? if these entries are in the RDB is it possible a certain character is causing this error? In retrospect.. they are only demos as you said...

snes

ggab said:
DK64 bug, in the first level:
Streched texture: only noticible in PJ64 1.6 (with Jabo 1.6 too) ( :( because DK64 has perfect timings and speed...)

I had just the same problem with my real N64 :p
All Rare games had this problem on my console and I don't know why so I bought a new one.Does somebody know the reason why this happened?It would be interesting

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
Looks like I'm late to the party due to my own skepticism. I have to say this is the first time I've ever been happy after being made a fool of. Yeah, thought this was a joke... hell, I knew it was a joke and so ignored the "PJ64 1.6 Released" malarkey. So in my attempt to avoid being made an April fool, I was indeed made an April fool. Nice reversal guys, and one hell of a kick ass release!

Zilmar... Jabo... I thank you.
I f*ckin' hate smileys but... :bouncy:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
snes: That shouldn't happen on a real n64, the only plausable cause is faulty hardware.

I own a real DK64 cart and played through it quite well, never happened once on the real thing. However: once you get used to it DK64 kicks ass on the emulator.

Back on topic: Blast Corps has gone from totally unplayable (super fast) to totally playable (normal). Some very minor graphic problems but easily ignorable.

More positive comments: Banjo-Tooie seems smooth now, unlike the last release... whats the deal with the core note "unhandled opcode" or something? I wonder... has the random crashes been eliminated with this game.

A touch of negative: Mystical Ninja Staring Goeman (u) [!] will not boot with jabo's new plugin; Edit: In fact it won't boot at all with any plugin... possibly game settings problem... Will have to investigate.

Ah ha: A Fix... change game settings to use Memory Size 8mb. Make sure to use rice's video plugin as jabo's are slow in-game.

If you have brightness on above 100% in the plugin, Majora's mask motion blur is totally screwed.

Thats all for now :p

Last edited:

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Clements said:
Those slowdowns are all present on the real system. I should know since I unlocked all the cheats on my real N64 and blew levels up with double grenade/rocket launchers, as well as trying to get as many guards as possible to follow me with invincibility on and then killing them one by one with the Taserboy.

Exactly. Its amazing how ppl forgot how slow golden eye would get on the real n64. It did little to take away the fun tho. Its just a case of users wanting to get sliky smooth, 1000 fps with AA and flashing lights.-Guys the n64 is more than 10 years old, slowdown in games were actually there.

I haven't even checked out any game yet, i'll wait till i get my comp upgrade at the end of the week.
I had a feeling that there was more to the lack of source releases after 1.5, but after a while i just gave up hope.

Btw only Jabo or Zilmar could probably answer this, but are the graphics HLE'd?? I know the rest aren't.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
How can you be so sure, LLE is a very slow method for graphics. In fact I would say with some certainty that this is the case. It would be impractical.

We haven't got 10ghz machines yet, after all.

Ieremiou

Well Done Developers of PJ64. :) I am SOOOO Happy! I can actually play DK 64 reasonably well, the intro timing is all correct, and almost no polygon poking out (saw it maybe once or twice).

And it just feels so much more stable. I don't think I will need to worry about updating in a long time :)

Is content,
~Paladinate~

Illissius

holy shit :drool:

:cry: :linux: :cry:

Unfortunately... I cannot be seperated from my amaroK :(. How difficult would it be to get this ported to Linux... less or more so than improving mupen64 to the same level?

My95ZR2

Nice work guys! I played Golden Eye on my P-M 1.4Ghz laptop with Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo at a constant 60fps. The sky was missing in the dam level, but I could care less right, the rest of the game worked great. Then I played The World Is Not Enough. Oh boy...The sound glitches every so often (digital voice), but other than that, everything it good. You can see the guns, you can see the shadows, there is no more flickering. Once the sound is fixed, it will be perfect. Keep it up, I hope to see a release in 2008 :p

-Adam

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Found a very wierd bug. WCW- NWO revenge doesn't load. It comes up with an error, 'attempt to open file failed'. The strange thing is that it loads just fine in 1964. Any ideas??

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Project64 keeps a "cache" of your rom dir, if you move a file it will make no difference to project64's rom browser until it is updated... so if you try to open said moved file it will fail.

watts320

Gr8 release. Im playin Goldeneye without any slow downs or glitches. Alot of people are avin trouble with the sky in the dam level. My sky is there. I just downloaded PJ64 new release and thats all. I opened the rom and the sky was there.

Once again tho, Brilliant release.

dummy1

reboot after leaving fullscreen mode

Really nice to see another release of this emu.
I've got one problem with it though. Whenever I switch to fullscreen, getting back to windowed mode doesn't work most of the time. Sometimes, after I press Alt+Enter, the cursors pops up (like an error occured in the background) and I have to press escape to get back to the game (still in fullscreen). When I try to exit fullscreen mode by pressing escape, it usually just reboots (!?!, oh yeah, windows), and that doesn't happen with anything else. This is pretty annoying, as playing Paper Mario I have to switch plugins from time to time, and so now I play it in windowed mode.
Has anyone else had similiar problems? This doesn't seem to depend on video plugin, as it happens with both Jabo's And Rice's plugins. I have athlon xp 1.7, windows xp sp2, geforce fx 5700, latest drivers and stuff.
(one more thing: the fullscreen mode resolution and refresh rate is the same I use for the desktop, but that probably doesn't matter).

euphoria

Emutalk Member
There is a major slowdown on Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire (U) (V1.2) [!] on the first level every time your ship gets damage and starts to smoke. It seems that the smoke-polygons make it crawl. The same happens on CBFD on the last level with the alien, when you come out of the small room in the yellow machine.

But anyway, a great release! It's nice to see that you still have motivation to make n64 emulation better, for that i thank you!

Trotterwatch

I can confirm the Shadows of the Empire problem, happens here too - goes from 60vis with idle to about 45 without idle.

Changing CF to 2 fixes this - be warned however that the setting of CF to 1 may have been there for a very good reason :) If anything detrimental happens due to it, then of course just revert the setting.

Let me know if it helps.

Second

The Installer...

Can anyone tip me about the installer? I'd -really- prefer a compressed package over a Windows installer, as traces of such small programs in the registry and/or Start menus really hinder performance and create annoyances later on.

The control a compressed-only release gives to the user is so positive I'd now like to ask if the installer makes any marks anywhere? And if someone would be so kind to make such a release, that would be even more pleasurable.

Sourceforge style, baby! :) Great to see you guys back in action, though. Absolutely great.