What's new

Problems

jskopek

I leant my N64 +super mario smash brothers for what seems to be a permanent amount of time :( I really got into that smash brothers mood, so I got p64 and a rom. It worked perfectly for a while, but then my computer started messing up. I reformated it and reinstalled XP Professional. I reinstalled it and all I got was a black screen when I tried to load the roms! Is this a common problem? I'm running a P3 500, 256 megs ram, 15 gig hard drive (12 gigs free), XP Pro, and a Geforce 2 MX

Last edited:
OP
J

jskopek

aye... brand new driver... still a black screen of death :(
anyone have any other ideas?

returno

ideas

Try running DirectX diagnostics (dxdiag.exe somewhere in your Windows directory). Run all the graphics and sound tests.

Check the ROM with the 'good' tool (see faq) or try a different ROM.

(It isn't cool to say where you got your ROM. We can't discuss that topic - see the forum rules thread.)

OP
J

jskopek

it wouldn't have anything to do with NFTS, would it? I had FAT before. Would that make a difference?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
...it shouln't. I have NTSF on my windows drive, although my games are on a FAT-drive, so i can't be sure, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Razman

Do normal 3d games work on your computer without glitches?
What nvidia drivers do u have? The most compatible & fastest drivers with your Geforce 2mx would be 23.11 ones, in any case the new beta drivers can be unstable/ create problems. What video plug in r u using?
:cool:

OP
J

jskopek

i downloaded the latest Windows XP display drivers, but I don't know if they are beta or not. Neverwinter nights works well on my computer.
hmm... the mystery deepens :plain2:

returno

xp bad

Try a different emulator. Try a different ROM. Try a different graphics card. Try a different computer. Try a different hobby!;)