What's new

Problems with Rice 6.1.1 and Ocarina of time

tris

I've got a problem with Rice's video plugin when playing Ocarina Of Time.
When you pause the game, the equipment screen looks like this, and doesn't mater where I pause the game, the background is always Link's house or the shop.

If someone knows how to fix this bug using this plugin (I use it to play Zelda with Federelli's high resolution texture pack), please, post here your answer since I know more people have the same problem.

My system specs are these:

O.S: Windows XP SP1
Athlon XP 1700+ with 768 MB of RAM
Radeon 9800XT

Thanks in advance ;-)

NaSeR

Spanish Member
This problem seems to be very common and there are so much topics talking about this, I give you the fix that Frosac said to me:
Frosac said:
Set N64 Frame Buffer Emulation to Basic Framebuffer and with emulator.
Set Rendering to texture emulation to write back and reload.
Thanks, Frosac :bouncy:

NaSeR

Spanish Member
Despite I have to say that they when I installed proyect64 it worked perfectly, but when i changed plugins and others it begin to fail and now i´m not able to fix it to works as the first time, showing Link perfectly :(

OP
T

tris

Thanks NaSeR!

I solved the error as you said.
Now, the only problem is that framebuffer effects are only supported in DirectX mode, and this mode gives me lots of other errors.

So it would be great if Rice could implement framebuffer support in OpenGL mode.

djlarz

13 000 roms and growing...
I also have a bit of a problem when using Rice's plugin with OoT, Link is green when the camera gets too close to him. I have the same problem when using hi-res textures. I've got no screenshots now ('cause I'm at school), but I'll post some when I get home if needed. I use Project64 1.6 and Rice 6.1.1.
WinXP SP1, 512 mb ram, 2.4GHz.

Last edited:

karmine

i use 1964 and rice and i have that problem in the item screen too, but i refuse to use directx...the only real concern i have is when going into the shop in the forest, and the small area before you into hyrule town (the place where the pot room/poe place is), and also in front of the temple of time.....my framerate flatlines and goes into some major frameskip fits and link starts flashing and looks like samus with speedbost i guess ill say. in the shop its just really really slow....but it doest happen in any other shops. i dont understand how people can play with old 32mb cards and i got a 256 and its not running these places without problems.

djsolidsnake86

NaSeR said:
This problem seems to be very common and there are so much topics talking about this, I give you the fix that Frosac said to me:

Thanks, Frosac :bouncy:
but we can forgive this option for all games?
what are best rice video option to set?
thank you
ps. (i am same problem with OoT) when rice will do a new version of his video plugin?