What's new

Problems with gcube 0.5

<D@rK_sKy>

Hello, I have a problem with the emulator gcube 0.5. I drag the game in format .gcm to
gcube.exe, the screen is put in black and in seconds it disappears
without doing nothing. My computer is a pentium 4 3GHZ, 1gb ram, ati
RADEON 9200 128 MB VRAM. If somebody can help me, much would be
thanked for. In any case, thanks beforehand.

OP
<D@rK_sKy>

<D@rK_sKy>

Test:
Gcube 0.3-------->Black Screen 30 FPS.
Gcube 0.4-------->Only intro 10 FPS.Diminished window 30 FPS.
Which is my problem?

antidote

0.4 sounds pretty normal, GCN emulators aren't ready to run on current technology.
Computer Processors are way to complex for our poor consoles, all a console processor does is perform math equations it has little to no need to prioritize processes. therefore the emulators that are trying to emulate the GCN processors have to deal with the extra bulk of the Computer Processors.

twiztidgamer

0.4 sounds pretty normal, GCN emulators aren't ready to run on current technology.
Computer Processors are way to complex for our poor consoles, all a console processor does is perform math equations it has little to no need to prioritize processes. therefore the emulators that are trying to emulate the GCN processors have to deal with the extra bulk of the Computer Processors.

i just have to say.... that was the best way to explain that!..... and it should be quoted everytime someone asks why there gamecube emu doesnt work!!!

:bouncy:

Clements

Gcube has a fairly low compatibility, so try some 2D games. Bust-a-Move 3000 is probably the best game to try with it, since its fullspeed/near-fullspeed, although there is no sound.

jos90

I've got SSBM and i play it with the gcube 0.4... the speed seems really fast (45fps) O.O but there's a problem: it asks me to insert memory card in slot a... It says: "There's no memory card in slot A" what should i do? I tried every button... but nothing seem to change... in gcube 0.5 the speed is 15fps.. very lame.. I wanna play SSBM.. ;_;

EDIT: I restarted the emu, and it works fine, at 33fps :p with no sound... but it's ok.. Sorry for the O.T. question, but which emu do you suggest me?

Last edited: