What's new

Problem with save states

Nelde

Hi everyone

I'm currently working on a retexturing project and because of that I need to have many save states to easily access certain scenes or to check whether or not my new textures work. I used to work with Project64 but now I switched to 1964 because the textures work better with it.
But now my problem is that I can only save to the 10 slots that are available, which isn't enough for me. When I "save to file" I can create a new file, but when I try to "load state from file" the file doesn't show up. It is there and I can select it when switch from "1964 State File (*.sav?) to "All Files (*.*)" but this only leads 1964 to crash.
I hope i described my problem understandable. Can anyone help me?

-Nelde

OP
Nelde

Nelde

No ideas?
My save states now aren't working at all, so help really would be appreciated...

Toasty

Sony battery
Save states on both PJ64 and 1964 are inherently buggy and can occasionally become corrupt (particularly if you haven't reset and loaded from a native save for a while). Try a fresh load from a native save, create a new save state and see if it works.

OP
Nelde

Nelde

Thanks, I tried loading from a native state and now saving to the 10 slots works again. But still, when I save to a file, it creates one, but 1964 doesn't seem to recognize it, when I try to load it. It's like it saves it with a wrong file extension or something... 1964 can only read the SAV0 to SAV9 files, but not the SAV files.

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah, something's off with their open file dialog. The new saves should still work when you select "All files" under the file type and open them though. Do they?

OP
Nelde

Nelde

Thank you. Yes, it works now. But only when I pause the game and load the new file. That's ok, but shouldn't the game pause automatically when I open a dialog?