What's new

Problem With (I think) DirectDraw

thecraft

Alice in Chains Fan
Think Of Being In A Situation Where Formatting Your Harddrive is not an option :)

Ok, I'm having a problem with DirectX8.1 (Well, "I didn't think it was possible, but microcock both sucks and blows")
A lot of GFX in Games (NOT ROMS) that use DirectX have many 2D GFX Errors like being transparent when it should be black or partially transparent. So I ran DXDAIG and I found out it's a DirectDraw Error. The only solution I found is run in software and then DirectX, which only works for awhile (or not at for Games that require DirectX) This Makes Need For Speed And Deer Hunter (yes yes) look horrible. It weird this doesn't happen all the time, but still... what should I do? Should I just run the DX8.1 Setup again?

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
What drivers are you using with that TNT? Because I heard that newer Nvidia drivers can screw up your system when you use it on old cards.

OP
thecraft

thecraft

Alice in Chains Fan
Detonator - Yup, that's the prob.
But still, getting detonator fixes a few games and the ones it messes up are still playable.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
think its about time u got a new graphics card m8, u can pick up a very gr8 64MB GeForce 2Ti for about £40 or if u can afford it get a Geforce 4 (make sure its a Ti tho, and u have a AGP slot) Sorry i cant be more of a help but thats what i reccomend

Stez

OP
thecraft

thecraft

Alice in Chains Fan
Jeez Stezo2k, that has to be like the 15th time you told me that! j/k
I will be getting a GF2 Ti sooner or later... :D

Stezo2k

S-2K
oh yea sorry :p i thought i told ya, but i told many to get a geforce aswell :) any1 would think i worked for nvidia :p

Stez