What's new

problem w/ Zelda: MM not solved, but familiar to some...

Dr_shadow

With my computer, (in my profile you may see details), I have been trying to run Legend of Zelda: MM, but it comes to a part (romani ranch, 2:30 am) where the game starts taking reeealy large chunks of RAM, and it ends up saying that it had to shut down windows because of an error in some stuff, my memory fails me right now, but I wrote the technical info:

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBFF58C73, 0xF1A6DAF0, 0x00000000)
*** sis300iv.dll - Adress BFF58C73 base at BFF40000, Date stamp 3b8420d6

and it starts, like liberating the physical memory or something like that... I am doing this, because I spent like two hours looking at threads from other users, and I found that there were some people with my exact same problem, so if anyone else has this problem, or has solved it yet (for me, in my economical situation, buying hardware is not an option), please answer this really, really short post; and for Jabo and Company, please, try to help us with the info you have, if you browse through the threads, you should see more people with this problem, so it's not just my computer or anything like it.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Bad rom? No, my friend, this is most certainly the drivers.
Update to the latest if possible. And if you're using sis as I think you are, then you really should use evoodoo+glide64 since jabo's known to hang sometimes on these awful cards afaik.

OP
Dr_shadow

Dr_shadow

All right...

My rom is good, but I forgot to state that before... as for the drivers, I also thought that it might be the problem, but, then again, I know nearly squat about SiS Integrated graphics cards, and I just know that my card is SiS 630, and there is a chipset that's called the same (as far as I know, my mainboard is gfxcel pc 133, but I'm not a hardware guru), so I'd really appreciate some assistance with that, 'cause I don't wanna finnish screwing my computer up.

Thank u all for your prompt response!

Doomulation

gandalf said:
NO,Glide + Evodoo ,too slow!.
Update yor drivers from download.sis.com or www.sis.com
Glide64 & eVoodoo is not too slow. And the fact remains that jabo's is UNSTABLE with sis.
Update drivers or get a new card. That's just about all you can do.

OP
Dr_shadow

Dr_shadow

Yahoooooooo!

Yippie!! Worked like a charm!! I am reeeally happy! that was awesome! thank u doomulation, and all who helped me! try to make this popular, 'cause I have seen other people with the same problem...

OP
Dr_shadow

Dr_shadow

almost forgot...

It looked awesome, I had never been able to see tatl's body, and the transparence and everything is so bright! just one lil' problem... now I can't tell what time is it... the sun and moon which indicate the hour are gone... but that's a minor problem, I'll just look into it a little further... Thanks a lot again!

Doomulation

Unfortunaly, this combo has its own problems, which is unsolveable unless you got a glide card =/

OP
Dr_shadow

Dr_shadow

No sweat!

I've found out the way to keep up with the time... it requires more attention, and you might screw up sometimes, but in the bombers' notebook you can tell the time, with minutes and everything, there has also been an exception in the gfx when Link puts on the goron mask, and at other times, but it seems it was because of the "enable fog" option of the glide 64... haven't had any major problem so far... OH! and other thing, I can't see where I'm standing, cause you can't see the cursor in the map, but you can find your way if you're bold enough... anyway, the sky is blue, the faeries are multicolored, and the song of time is not white... so I'm quite happy, you can't have it all, less if you're not paying for it...

Toninho_sv

N64emulation enthusiast
jabo's known to hang sometimes on these awful cards afaik.
TRUE!
Have a lot of friends with problems(BIG) problems...mainly when using a processor with 100FSB and running memory at 133MHZ (assincronous)it gives BIG errors not only in N64 emus, but in the majority of D3d games,like GTA3 or so.
Usually it hapens on SIS730 based mobo's,(with onboard video activated,in the case they're all socket A mobos,for Duron and Athlon.)

TheMattrix

Dr_shadow said:
...my memory fails me right now...

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBFF58C73, 0xF1A6DAF0, 0x00000000)
*** sis300iv.dll - Adress BFF58C73 base at BFF40000, Date stamp 3b8420d6

Hahaha...get it? ;-)