What's new

Problem opening PJ64 :(

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
With the latest PJ64 v. 1.5 (final), after "installing" it I get an error message stating 'Failed to Allocate Memory'. The dialogue box appears twice in a row, then the application quits (I can, however, select a language - I leave it on the default 'English').

System specs:

800MHz P3 Cu
256MB RAM
i820 chipset (don't ask :plain2: )
PowerVR Kyro II, AGP, 64MB, with latest WHQL 1.6 reference driver
Sound Blaster Live!

The failed...memory message bugs me, considering I have a 64MB video card and 256MB system RAM :\

Could my Obsidian2 X-24 (Voodoo2 SLI) be causing problems? That's the only thing I can think of that would stop things from working.

Addendum: Windows XP Professional, with Service Pack 1, and ThemeXP in use. Disabling WinXP Spiffy-ification doesn't do anything, I still get the same error message.

Last edited:

returno

try 'search'

If you search the forum - using the handy search feature near the bottom of the page - you'll see long threads on this topic with many suggestions - some of which seem to have worked for some people.

returno

Tagrineth said:
I did, I found only ONE thread and its advice didn't help me at all.

I just typed "failed to allocate memory" into the forum search bar and I found seven threads, not including this one, covering this topic. Two of these threads are long ones.

This seems like a difficult-to-solve problem, which, luckily, I don't have on my two systems (both Win2K). Good luck!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
This is not too hard to fix, afaik. One solution is i know issue if you use raedon and xp. Set the compability mode to win98.