What's new

Pro Pinball and their defunct company :(

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
Wow. I can't believe I haven't visited this site in so long (over a year). Even as a minimal poster, usually I try to visit every registered site more often than that.

Anyway...

I've been on a pinball kick lately, and after playing 3D Pinball for Windows to death, I decided to look around. I found a website where the author's personal opinion was in favor of the Pro Pinball series by Empire Interactive as the most realistic pinball games created. The same site also mentioned patches for the games.

I downloaded a demo, was literally stunned by the gameplay, and ordered a copy really cheap. It was not until I thought "Now would be a good time to download the patches" did I see that the site went under last year and the website that mentioned the patches only linked directly to the ones from the now-defunct site. :(

The games are great, but I am still seriously bummed now because I haven't yet come across these patches. Why is it every possible non-free game ever created has been cracked and been (illegally) made available to download for free while the patches for a game which were offered free to download were never collected on another site?

Ugh.

Has anyone else ever play these games (even the demos)?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
http://www.the-sampsons.co.uk/pp

Google. Do you use it? :D Nah, it's true that the patches are quite hard to find. I own both Big Race USA and TimeShock!. Great pinball games, but I haven't played either in like a decade.

Last edited:
OP
EmuNoviceUser

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
Google. Do you use it? :D Nah, it's true that t he patches are quite hard to find.
:p Of course. I even "LMGTFY" some people when the question seems ridiculously simple to me.

Each search that I did however came up with 100 RS, warez, crack (not patch), and search-generated title pages. That link never came up in any of them, so thanks. :D

Knowing that these games have been out for so long, I feel in a way as if I am behind on the times (like playing an SNES for the very first time in this day and age). Not that it matters since these games look far more advanced and less buggy than any other pinball game I have seen.

What I purchased was "Ultimate Pro Pinball" which contains three of the four tables they released. What I find particularly amusing (the funny kind) is how they not only replicated the general gameplay of a pinball machine but even went so far as to create multiple viewing angle, coin-door operations, and even a manual that reads just that of a real pinball machine technical manual.

The one downside so far is that, even though I am having a blast, I still really suck at these tables so far! :happy:

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Me and my friend used to play TimeShock! for hours on end, and racked up some serious points, too. The games were really advanced (like you said, with the coin door animations and all the other "authentic" shebang), considering the year they were released. 1997-1998ish, IIRC.

Last edited:

smcd

As an aside, ever played with Visual Pinball or Future Pinball? They're pretty fun (I like Future Pinball)

OP
EmuNoviceUser

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
I heard about Future Pinball, but I never got around to trying even a demo out.

I only jump on one bandwagon at a time to keep from overwhelming myself. When I get into a game, I could play for days without sleep and forget about eating if I don't watch myself. Multiple games at once would make it worse! Having three different, new pinball games to play is going to be a lot of time wasted already!