What's new

PowerPC opcodes

Ananke

Hello everybody

Can anyone give me a link to the opcodes of the instructions of the PowerPC (g3)? :bouncy:
I haven't found anything useful yet...

regards...

Last edited:

Cyberman

Hello everybody

Can anyone give me a link to the opcodes of the instructions of the PowerPC (g3)? :bouncy:
I haven't found anything useful yet...

regards...
Do you know the specific processor in the Apple G3? That would likely be very helpful. The problem is it's not just opcodes that involve the G3 it's all the specifics of the processor. PPC archetectures have changed much since 1997 (G3 era) 11 years ago is a long time technical information rots quickly on the vine. If you want to find something you need to find out SPECIFICALLY who made the PPC processor IBM or Freescale (Motorolla then), or who ever.
Try here for Freescale PPC processor line up. If you know the specific processor used I recomend you look that SPECIFIC processors part #. Next is IBM I think if you actually know where to look you will find quite a bit available but try here fore starters.

Cyb

Last edited:

smcd

You're most likely after a PowerPC 750 (Motorola) from digging around on wikipedia

OP
A

Ananke

Thanx for all the answers :D It was very helpful!

@Exophase: Well, my target is to write a gamecube emulator someday (maybe in 2 years or so... xD) and as far as I know the GC processor is a PPC...

regards

Ananke

Cyberman

The Game Cube is PPC but it has instruction set additions. IBM made the beast.
Bottom line is you might want to look for Game Cube information regarding the opcode extensions.

Cyb