What's new

Polygon Measurements Calculator

Iconoclast

This is one of my geometric experiments I researched several months ago, a relic from my collection of Flash creations. I made it out of the dream that this kind of math could be possibly used in graphics plugin programming, (naively) dreaming that I could evade the choice between a Direct3D or OpenGL rendering engine for the plugin by calculating everything mathematically (which meh I guess D3D already does so :p).

How to Use:
---
You should see four variables listed in the GUI: a, s, e, and i.
  • a is the sum of all interior angle measures in the polygon.
  • s is the total number of sides the polygon has.
  • e is the measure of one of the polygon's exterior angles, if the polygon is equiangular.
  • i is the measure of one of the polygon's interior angles, if the polygon is equiangular.
For all equiangular polygons, the below equations apply.

a = is
s = 360/e
e = 360/s
i = 180 - e

Enter a value for s via the input text box on the right of the variable, click "Calculate", and the sum of all interior angle measures, each congruent angle measure (if an equiangular polygon), and the measure of each exterior angle will be returned. If you want these four properties to be calculated without giving the number of sides the polygon has (s), just click on one of the other three variables to enable entering values into the text box on the right of the variable.
---
If you are confused on terminology, see Help.html for details, a file found in the attached version of the program for those who do not have Flash Player installed.

If you do have Flash Player, use this version; better graphics if you have version 8+. Edit: Problems with Vista right now, can't link. :(

...It would appear that access to my own sourcecode has been denied. :D

Last edited: