What's new

Pokemon Stadium problem

Clements

That particular menu works with Jabo's 1.5.2 plugin, but it will break other stuff such as the small framebuffer pictures. Direct64 works fairly well here, but not quite perfect.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
i haven't had an issue with either pokemon stadiums clements using the 1.6 plugin.

everything displays as it should. strange.

Clements

Very strange, since I get the same problem as in the OP with both ATi and NVIDIA hardware with the 1.6 plugin.

squall_leonhart

ok i have a fix for the white box :)

select per frame in d3d clear mode box on the rom settings page of the jaba's d3d options. :)

its an alpha transparency issue :)

only problem is that you have to set it back to default when selecting pokemon on the pick pokemon for battle screen just before a battle

Last edited:

Clements

Yep, that definitely fixes the white box, and also the white lines around the HUD too. Finds like this should be put into the GameFAQ.

squall_leonhart

this fix also applies to other games where white box's / lines appear, as they are usually just transparency issues. one such example is the cutscenes in the Evangelion game where the scene fades in but leaves a garbled mess :)

edit.

a good tip to note is that having press r to reset clock enabled in the cheat box will cause the game to freeze when you go to change pokemon in certain modes.

what is strange clements is that before just now i have never seen those issues in pokemon stadium. all my battles looked fine.

o_O just noticed something else :O

edit, fixed.
the colors for the bg's in the intro are broken in the Dx8 plugin but show properly in the Dx6 plugin. o_O

ok differences between plugins

Jabo Dx6 1.5.2 = renders most correcly but prone to black artifacts on surfaces such as the ground.
Jabo Dx8 1.6 = Requires d3d clear mode set to perframe to remove white borders, and requires use legacy pixel pipeline to correct the colours in the cutscenes and all looks fine.

note.
D3D clear mode must be reset to default when choosing the match pokemon, and legacy pixel pipeline breaks water in the background.

Last edited: