What's new

Plugins...

Ragade

Hello.... I am new here, and, well, I am trying to use dolphin, but the plugins won't load, and when I try to configure them, nothing happens... Mind you I am a Mac, using crossover to run Windows software, might that be the issue, because many of my other windos software runs... it also tells me it could not use sjis_font.bin or the
ansi_font.bin s. It runs, but won't load any of it, but, I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes to high...

Knuckles

Make sure you downloaded the full package from the dolphin website, and extracted ALL the files in their good folders. Everything you need will be there. You will have a problem if you only extracted the .EXE without the other files (they are there for a reason).

BlueFalcon7

What type of mac are you using? Because if you are using an old G3, G4, or G5 (Power PC) and emulating windows, than you are emulating the emulator by emulating Power PC instructions on an x86 emulator for power PC. That means slow speeds, and Im not talking about 1 FPS slow, Im saying like 0.5 FPS with the Dynarec, and Tick modifier

If your using an intel mac, than listen to knuckles

OP
R

Ragade

What type of mac are you using? Because if you are using an old G3, G4, or G5 (Power PC) and emulating windows, than you are emulating the emulator by emulating Power PC instructions on an x86 emulator for power PC. That means slow speeds, and Im not talking about 1 FPS slow, Im saying like 0.5 FPS with the Dynarec, and Tick modifier

If your using an intel mac, than listen to knuckles

I be using intel mac, so listen to knuckles I will..:flowers: Speaking of which, is my intel mac even fast enough to emulate GC anyhow? The specs: Mac Os X 10.4.8 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo,
Memory (upgrable to 2 Ghz if needed, Christmas is on its way, you know), 512 MB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics (darn, I bet I SHOULD have asked for an upgrade on that, but it can't be done on a perchased model, from what I understand):
ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71c5
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Depth: 32-bit Color
Built-In: Yes
Core Image: Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Using Crossover 6.0 Beta 2 (I know, but I await a more stable one to actually perrchase in the future, if it continues looking promising...)

Otherwise using bootcamp and actually installing full windows might be the only key....