What's new

Please Help me , Drivers Problems

eder

Hi , i would be very thankful if someone brings me some help.
My PJ64 1.4 (with directx 8.0) hangs up whenever i want to start a game, any game. However , before when i had my PJ64 1.3 , and DIRECTX 7.0 , the games ran well. My system configuration is:
Pentium III 500
160 MB of memory
video card Voodoo Banshee (creative 3d blaster banshee)
sound card Sound blaster AWE 64

I know that for this emulator isnt recommended the voodoo series , but before all games compatible ran well even on my voodoo. I seriously think the problem is the the glide drivers (glide 2x , 3x , etc) , i think they are not compatible with directx8.0 (my actual glide drivers are glide2x ver. 2.61.00.0518 ;and glide3x ver. 3.10.00.0518 , which were, I think ,the last official releases from 3dfx before it "closed")

I really dont want to unsintall directx8.0 (it can be done with a program , i am not crazy) , or format my pc , cause i have other games which need dx8.0 . But i really had fun playing Pokestadium2 , or Castlevania 64 on my pc before. I think Project 64 RULES! :pj64:

So , i would really appreciate if someone would tell me , where can i find new glide drivers, in what homepage, that would be compatible with directx8.0 and the banshee. If better , i would like to know how to install those new drivers cause i dont want to damage my pc. :D . Or if the problem is other , or is there is another solution , i would really like to know.

Thanks for listening to me and i hope someone helps me cause this is driving me crazy.

Eder

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
eder said:
Hi , i would be very thankful if someone brings me some help.
My PJ64 1.4 (with directx 8.0) hangs up whenever i want to start a game, any game. However , before when i had my PJ64 1.3 , and DIRECTX 7.0 , the games ran well. My system configuration is:
Pentium III 500
160 MB of memory
video card Voodoo Banshee (creative 3d blaster banshee)
sound card Sound blaster AWE 64

I know that for this emulator isnt recommended the voodoo series , but before all games compatible ran well even on my voodoo. I seriously think the problem is the the glide drivers (glide 2x , 3x , etc) , i think they are not compatible with directx8.0 (my actual glide drivers are glide2x ver. 2.61.00.0518 ;and glide3x ver. 3.10.00.0518 , which were, I think ,the last official releases from 3dfx before it "closed")

I really dont want to unsintall directx8.0 (it can be done with a program , i am not crazy) , or format my pc , cause i have other games which need dx8.0 . But i really had fun playing Pokestadium2 , or Castlevania 64 on my pc before. I think Project 64 RULES! :pj64:

So , i would really appreciate if someone would tell me , where can i find new glide drivers, in what homepage, that would be compatible with directx8.0 and the banshee. If better , i would like to know how to install those new drivers cause i dont want to damage my pc. :D . Or if the problem is other , or is there is another solution , i would really like to know.

Thanks for listening to me and i hope someone helps me cause this is driving me crazy.

Eder

It isyour Vid card dude, PJ64 Dont work on Voodoo's. But Use Glide 64 for Pj64 as your video Plug.

OP
E

eder

Yeah , i know its not made for voodoos , however as i stated before , WHEN I HAD DIRECT X 7.0 , I COULD RUN PJ64 at accpetable speed , so if someone knows about latest drivers for banshee that would be compatible with directx8.0 please let me know.

Bye , and hopping for your help.

OP
E

eder

I already upgraded to directx 8.1 and my screen is at 16 bits.In those conditions is that i stated my problems. Thx for the glide 64 advice, but it only emulates very but very few games , i would like to know if some third party glide drivers will damage my configuration , etc , cause i have dowloaded a few nonofficial new drivers for banshee, but i dont risk installing them. If someone has installed on his pc this nonofficial drivers and has not had any problem , or if u just want to post and advice or if u have another solution please let me know. I will be very thankful.

Eder

Lex

It works with with this driver The driver :) it is from creative i puted it on my own webspace couse it is larger then 2.5 MegaByte and it is 3.6 MegaByte.

I am using it with directx 8.1 on a AMD K6-2 350MHz :blush:
Creative SB16PnP ISA :blush:
Creative 3D Blaster Banshee PCI with BIOS version 1.03.2
64 MB PC-100 ram :blush:
W98SE

and i am 14 years old myself

I can run all of the games with a average of 30-40 FPS:cool:
Great isn't it:pj64:

And use the bios version 1.03.2 to......:)

Last edited:
OP
E

eder

a question

Thanks for the help , but i cant download your driver , because it is a dead link , can you email it to me? , or if u have msn , can u well , send the file to me, or else , can u give me the exact webpage where u got it? , i will be very thankful
Bye,
Eder

P.D. in that drives .zip , what are the versions of glide2x and glide3x if u could please tell me , thanks.

OP
E

eder

another question?

what is the bios of the banshee , can u please tell me? , and where can i get it?
thanks
bye.