What's new

Play! v0.50 released!

Play! v0.50 is released. Play! is an attempt at creating an emulator for the PlayStation 2 (PS2) console on the Windows platform. It is currently written in C/C++. It uses an instruction caching/recompilation scheme to achieve better performance while emulating the CPU.

Play! v0.50 Changelog:

- Huge compatibility improvements: Dirge of Cerberus, Tekken 5, Ninja Assault, X-Men Legends, Ape Escape 2 & 3 and many more improved their status. There are now over 420 playable games reported in the compatibility tracker.
- Desktop: Compatibility status of games is now visible in the cover view screen. Games can also be sorted by compatibility status.
- Desktop: Added a toggle to enable GS RAM reads in video settings. Disabling RAM reads can help increase performance in some games (ex.: SSX3). Effective only when using Vulkan.
- Browser/JavaScript port is now available (still experimental). You can try it here.

Last edited:
Play! is an attempt at creating an emulator for the PlayStation 2 (PS2) console on the Windows platform.
Play! is multi multiplatform emulator for Win x86 and x64, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS systems. Do your homework and correct above info.

It's so easy to point out others mistakes, don't you think.

Play! is multi multiplatform emulator for Win x86 and x64, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS systems. Do your homework and correct above info.

It's so easy to point out others mistakes, don't you think.

The reason why I didn't mention Multiplatform emulator for macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS is because they aren't popular like Windows. Well, Linux is more popular right now.

Don't get me wrong, I am a macOS and Windows user also and I didn't mentioned it too.

Maybe I should have mention them no matter what. And let them choice which one.

Yes, I will do my homework next time. There is no mistakes, I just skip them for the reason due that they aren't popular, thought. Thank you.

Regards.

Last edited:
The reason why I didn't mention Multiplatform emulator for macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS is because they aren't popular like Windows. Well, Linux is more popular right now.
Windows domination is long gone, afaik it has only 25% of market. Linux gets better in last 10 years, but real leader is Android running 60% active devices. It is good reason to mention systems other than Windows.

Don't take it personally, I'm a pain in the ass after unnecessary comment on AetherSX2 topics. Well, I am an ulcer in general, but over-zealousness awakens worst demons in me 😁😁🤪

Cheers.

Depends what kind of devices. If you're talking desktops/laptops, then Android wouldn't score at all. I assume that Windows would have the lions share of those.

Depends what kind of devices. If you're talking desktops/laptops, then Android wouldn't score at all. I assume that Windows would have the lions share of those.
Just like Windows on TVs, smartphones, car system, intelligent house devices, would't score at all..

All depends... for example how you work on desktops/laptops. here most:
- copywriters, graphic designers and "want to look cool" managers use Macs;
- schools, and ppl working on general office tasks use Windows;
- devops working in VM/cloud environment use Linux;

People are more aware, systems are easier to use, and the market is diversified.