What's new

PJ is great just got a few questions :)

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
hi, I was playing around with pj, running 1080 and could not get my tv to get displayed on the whole tv screen(twin Viewing). So I played with pj and set the res to 720x568x16 and then full screen on my tv :)

Thing I want to no is how can I set my windows to that res to display fully. I no this is not really about pj but I just would like to no if it's possible.

thx :)

oh another thing :pj64: rules

OP
Waan2k

Waan2k

oops sorry *running 1080 and could not get my computer display to get displayed on the whole tv screen(twin Viewing). :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You need a proper resolution. 800x600, 640x480 works fine.
1024x768 works good, but u can't use it when using tv output.

OP
Waan2k

Waan2k

yeah they do work fine :), but 800x600 does not fill the whole tv screen like a res of 720x568x16.

just wondering if there's a program to change windows res that way :)

LD.

*poke*
You can do it through editing one of the windows ini files i seem to remember, but your monitor might not support the res and you might run into problems running other applications.

Doomulation

That's the whole point. The tv's max resolution is 800x600, and it should work fine. I'm constantly using 800x600 when using TV-out, and it works fine.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
bollox, TV has a lower res than 800x600, that just happens to be the max your graphics card can be set to. I can set 1024x768 on my Matrox, doesn't mean a TV can display that many pixels.

OP
Waan2k

Waan2k

Thx for the repley guys, yeah your right smiff tv's are lower then 800x600 and it does also have something to do with your card tv out options your right.

My Geforce 2 only outputs to 800x600. If I try 1024x768 the screen will be displayed on the my tv but it will be heaps big. Also I tried 800x600 and the tv does not get filled.

My tv is a 51 cm Teac TV, when I use pj I use a res of 720x568 which fills the screen it's wicked.

also sytaylor thx for repleying I have tried 640x480 and it not even as good as 800x600, it's a lot smaller on the screen. But thx for your input :)

I use this 720x568 in Pj,Snes9x and mame which work really well, worth a go to anyone who likes doing tv out display. I think it gives the games there original real Scanline look and makes them look great :).

oh one more thing LD I might try your idea with changing the windows ini.

These are my display options in my moniter manual:

it supports all up to 1280x1024 @ 60 hz

there's one here that's close to what Iam working at

VGA 720x400 @ 70hz how would I go about setting my screen to that :)

thx

Smiff

Emutalk Member
not quite sure what you're after, but PJ uses a fixed list for windowed res and enumerates for fullscreen list, if that helps at all.

OP
Waan2k

Waan2k

does not really matter but I was just wondering if I could set it to 720x400 res that's what my moniter manual says one of the resoltions it supports.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
enumeration means the plugin asks your video card drivers what resolutions they can do... you must make the res available in windows first (consult graphics card docs - e.g. Matrox have a util to add custom reses).

OP
Waan2k

Waan2k

ok so I would be able to set windows as my res I want i just have to check the graphics card doc, ok then how do make the res available in windows, what util do I use.

my card is a MSI Geforce 2mx 64mb

Doomulation

PJ64_ROMSTER said:
i was just wondering how you hook a computer up to see it on a tv?
Usually in the properties for your screen.
In other words: Right-click on your desktop-->propreties.
From here, it might be diffrent, but usually under advanced.
Check your gfx card manual for details.

Eagle

aka Alshain
You have to either have a card that has TV-Out or a VGA-TV adapter. Doom, not all cards have TV out so he may not be able to.

Doomulation

I know all doesn't, but if they have that's where he'll usually find it. Most geforce cards has it too.

OP
Waan2k

Waan2k

*Smiff* you said back on the other page
not quite sure what you're after, but PJ uses a fixed list for windowed res and enumerates for fullscreen list, if that helps at all.

Ive switched to xp now and pj does not enumerate my res anymore of 720x568 in full screen mode. Is there anything I can do to change this. I have the same drivers installed there the xp one's of course.

thx :)