What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Perfect Dark texture pack WIP [Perfect Dark Forever]

Xii-Nyth

Alright, finished up pretty much everything I was working on. Just experimenting with different bricks in chicago to look better at a distance like the original.

alternate bricks:

Attachments

• Perfect Dark#ACF6963B#2#0_ciByRGBA.png
    Perfect Dark#ACF6963B#2#0_ciByRGBA.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • Perfect Dark#D1A5E3AD#2#0_ciByRGBA.png
    Perfect Dark#D1A5E3AD#2#0_ciByRGBA.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

Once I realised they flipped upside-down so the lighting was wrong, and I went and fixed them, I liked these bricks a lot more.

Before my brain realised something didnt look good.

Attachments

• 1964 2022-07-20 22-41-28.png
    1964 2022-07-20 22-41-28.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 5

Xii-Nyth

Working on a fairly large update, posting this to keep up to date
The files are a bit of a mess right now so just uploading the cache

Also, certain textures such as the skedar, joanna's hands, and some weapons are not really finished textures, they are just there to make sure they are always working in all scenarios (besides multiplayer)

Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

Im gonna be busy this month
quick note that the mines inner texture is working for all single player levels, like the hands, but outside of the hand in multiplayer the hash is random, so either a port or game patch would be needed.
Also the explosions are in the process of being sorted out since they didnt look great using the same method as the particles
As for the other folder of stuff I already forgot.

Hey, it's holiday season and I am far from the computer. I can't tell yet.
And to add further flesh: so far I have identified 4 different multiplayer challenge levels and I am working on the third. The fourth one is rather big, so I would provide an intermediate version soon enough (maybe September) before a more complete one (with no ETA)

Good and bad news.
The good news: I have just uploaded an update here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/n8fnwjnf9sc4wg7/Perfect_Dark_Forever_0.6a.7z/file

The less good news: instead of 4 simulation challenges, there are actually 12 of them with specific textures. Part of the textures involved are a repeat of those found in some single player levels but that's way less than half of it.
I thought I would be able to cover all of these extra levels over a short while but the task is bigger than anticipated.
Still, enjoy it as much as you can!

Last edited:
I should be able to complete a 4th one soon, due to a boost in productivity (and also because I like this Egyptian -looking level a lot)

I should be able to complete a 4th one soon, due to a boost in productivity (and also because I like this Egyptian -looking level a lot)
I have nearly completed a 5th one now. Yet, it made me realise that some textures from the G5 level need editing in order to connect with other textures. Interesting 🤔

Xii-Nyth

I have nearly completed a 5th one now. Yet, it made me realise that some textures from the G5 level need editing in order to connect with other textures. Interesting 🤔
oh wait I already did some of that I think
forgot whats new, it might just be the unifinished one

Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

theres also one more texture from complex hidden someone

Attachments

• Perfect Dark#9AAC7D8A#2#1#1897CB54_ciByRGBA.png
    Perfect Dark#9AAC7D8A#2#1#1897CB54_ciByRGBA.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
theres also one more texture from complex hidden someone
Thanks for this! I had seen it somewhere but had not managed to dump it! I'll add it to the batch. In the meanwhile I have completed a 6th level and remade the shield effect.
Edit: I have completed this texture now.

Last edited: