What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Perfect Dark texture pack WIP [Perfect Dark Forever]

Xii-Nyth

Alright so using an older version of glideN64 is dumping properly but without the pallet bug that exists in rice apparently. It turns out its impossible to replace the doors on attack ship because they all use the same name and differentiate with the wildcard, which means it will only be replaced on my pc? This explains why sometimes they would bug out and all become the same texture when switching between n64 style mip mapping (lod calculation) on and off.

...or not they still wont load in

everything else is dumping fine with that now since its actual textures instead of cache extracts, just something off with that door

Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

I changed the eyepiece up a bit. Whats the texture you added for the octagon facing towards us? was gonna make it a bit brighter
ApplicationFrameHost-21-45-58.png

Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

In other news I got the model editor and exported all of joannas models to a format that can be imported into blender. Been fixing up all the floating or disconnected triangles and the sleeves around the shoulders. As well as the spine on combat, it was very crooked due to her head being offset towards her right shoulder. Its wuite limited what I can do without messing things up since the textures are bound onto things as a 2d overlay beforehand, so I stretch them around if I try to move them, also I cant delete garbage and make a new face, so I have to carefully subdivide their edges. I'm not gonna attempt to fix the party frock but combat is done, and trenchcoat and leather were only partially messed up. Still haven't looks at snow or wetsuit/aqualung.

Also rebalanced the weapons a bit, but the weak weapons I buffed are gonna be op at first and then ill halve the difference until its ok. Takes a long time to do that each time so I wanted to make a big difference initially to get a feel for it.

Xii-Nyth

Oh right and also transferred over the high res audio from the other mod. Only thing I haven't been able to change with that modding tool is to have the slayer camera work as a camspy camera with the depth buffer access rather than the cutscene, unfortunately I think I'm the only person who knows about that.

I changed the eyepiece up a bit. Whats the texture you added for the octagon facing towards us? was gonna make it a bit brighter
View attachment 40534
I think you are looking for the following ones:
- Perfect Dark#BB87D483#2#0#7A4FE1E9_ciByRGBA
- Perfect Dark#6DA584B8#2#0#7A4170C4_ciByRGBA
- Perfect Dark#1945CD66#2#0#04463079_ciByRGBA
- Perfect Dark#D1494690#2#0#3A15FDDD_ciByRGBA

Xii-Nyth

Oh right delaying working on the character models for now since I cant figure out how to re import them. In the mean time ive been working on the multiplayer levels and the character models' textures instead.

Also good news! the new version of GLideN64 added accurate texture coordinates which fixed up tons of stuff, Ill have to remake the ui from the other pack which were made not to get cut off on the wrong coordinates though, s they are cut off now.

Plus it turns out this whole time wildcards could be added with #$, deleting the crc works fine in perfect dark for whatever reason even though its supposed to cause issues. I can now used the wildcard on the first crc however so only 1 texture is needed on textures which get resused many many times like hands.

Xii-Nyth

Alright, I've hit a wall with fortress using the same texture as the alarm from the g5 building in multiple places. Gonna leave that out until the decompilation project it finished.

I guess Ill finish up the weapon models and remaining multiplayer maps for now.

If you ever have time, the top floor of institute has lots of repeating textures. In the pc port they will be able to be swapped individually per tile.

Also here is the texture I would need made for fortress. I can change it to the different colours easily except for yellow.
I'm guessing you might still have the source pattern you used to make that, so you could make it seamlessly continue. Also the part that isnt the alternating light and red strip gets quite stretched out as you can see on the bottom left. Will also have to wait until the pc port to deal with that part..
ApplicationFrameHost-00-01-18.png

Hi all,
I have been testing the addition of a few of the Simulation challenge levels, as they include a few additional textures.
Previews are here:
I'll add this in the next updated texture pack.

Thanks all!

Ps: sorry for the really crappy quality of the first video. I still have left it anyway

Xii-Nyth

Hi all,
I have been testing the addition of a few of the Simulation challenge levels, as they include a few additional textures.
Previews are here:
I'll add this in the next updated texture pack.

Thanks all!

Ps: sorry for the really crappy quality of the first video. I still have left it anyway
Great to see you back Howard!

I'll give you my work so far so there's no overlap in between what we are working on.

Luckily almost all my multiplayer map textures that aren't edits of singleplayer textures are just dummies that I've made experimenting with ai upscaling. Mostly to see how things align.

Plus I'm busy with work these days.

-----------------------------------------------------

Also, what does this texture replace in Chicago? I can't find it anywhere.
Perfect Dark#013FF19F#2#0#4BADD0EF_ciByRGBA.png
There was this one graffiti that wasn't being changed, so maybe I've found what its supposed to be a million times.
Perfect Dark#4DBADB8A#2#0#A209A82F_ciByRGBA.png

If however it is a 3rd texture that's hidden somewhere, I've got this as a potential Easter Egg:
(shrunk down for spoiler, just open in a new tab to see full)
Edit: it did not shrink on mobile, so just made it an attachment that didn't work either

Last edited:
Great to see you back Howard!

I'll give you my work so far so there's no overlap in between what we are working on.

Luckily almost all my multiplayer map textures that aren't edits of singleplayer textures are just dummies that I've made experimenting with ai upscaling. Mostly to see how things align.

Plus I'm busy with work these days.

-----------------------------------------------------

Also, what does this texture replace in Chicago? I can't find it anywhere.
View attachment 40568
There was this one graffiti that wasn't being changed, so maybe I've found what its supposed to be a million times.
View attachment 40569

If however it is a 3rd texture that's hidden somewhere, I've got this as a potential Easter Egg:
(shrunk down for spoiler, just open in a new tab to see full)
Edit: it did not shrink on mobile, so just made it an attachment that didn't work either
Hi Xii-Nyth, this is one of the textures that is not a simple size increase of the original textures but instead it's more a"creative" take. I think you found what my texture replaced, although I would need to dig in my backups to be sure

Xii-Nyth

Hi Xii-Nyth, this is one of the textures that is not a simple size increase of the original textures but instead it's more a"creative" take. I think you found what my texture replaced, although I would need to dig in my backups to be sure
I think it most likely is since I couldn't find anything else.

Its a little odd that both texture checksums were entirely different then what gets dumped for me. But that has happened before with various doors, and the barricades from the 3rd level.

Totoro77

Alright, I've hit a wall with fortress using the same texture as the alarm from the g5 building in multiple places. Gonna leave that out until the decompilation project it finished.

I guess Ill finish up the weapon models and remaining multiplayer maps for now.

If you ever have time, the top floor of institute has lots of repeating textures. In the pc port they will be able to be swapped individually per tile.

Also here is the texture I would need made for fortress. I can change it to the different colours easily except for yellow.
I'm guessing you might still have the source pattern you used to make that, so you could make it seamlessly continue. Also the part that isnt the alternating light and red strip gets quite stretched out as you can see on the bottom left. Will also have to wait until the pc port to deal with that part..
View attachment 40545
Hi,
Have you tried either of the following?
- Perfect Dark#CCDC1961#2#0#94817290_ciByRGBA
- Perfect Dark#DDAADACD#0#2_rgb

Xii-Nyth

what is this texture that dumped on chicago? (made it pink to try and find it, couldn't)

edit: found out it was a mapmap, and that they randomize each time the game reloads. if that wasnt the case it could be used for a fade in effect down hallways)

Attachments

• Perfect Dark#9E29BCF6#4#0_all.png
    Perfect Dark#9E29BCF6#4#0_all.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 0
  • zPerfect Dark#9E29BCF6#4#0_all.png
    zPerfect Dark#9E29BCF6#4#0_all.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

Oh right forgot to mention that I just got back from vacation and I have been busy up until I left. Got free time to work on it again. Ill jsut finish up a few things i had planned to do then Ill give you my version of the pack.