What's new

pci mode wont let emulators run

conkerman

conkerman
hey, i have a problem, and i've searched all over but haven't found any answers, so maybe someone here will know..
somehow, when i switched from my gforce 2 to my new gforce 4, some settings must have gotten screwed up, and when i load project64, i get an error, and the directx diagnostics fail. i went to the properties window in display settings and instead of saying agp 4x, or something like that, it says agp (pci mode). i checked my bios, reinstalled directx, project64, nvidia drivers, but nothing has gotten rid of it (which means, i guess, that no direct3d things will run) ... anyone have any ideas...?
conkerman

Trotterwatch

Try checking that your AGP Aperture in the BIOS hasn't been set below 8mb for some reason. If so raise it then check if it is still in PCI mode.

BTW this should have been posted in Tech Talk :)

OP
conkerman

conkerman

conkerman
sorry, didnt realize there was a tech talk thread

so everything is installed properly from what i can see. the bios, set to agp mode, 64mb, and my agp drivers look fine. i even downloaded this program geforce tweak utility, and it detects the card, and i tried changing some of the options, and set it to agp mode etc (it changes the registry) yet still nothing...
it seems unfixable.. because ive tried a lot of stuff.. unless there's some jumper i should change on the mobo.. but i was using a geforce in agp mode before...
conkerman