What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Paper Mario

alien{S}py

It's been a while but here are some more WIP screens :p

pm31.jpg

pm30.jpg

zeldafan970

I'm glad to see an update! I was starting to wonder if this project was dead or not. It's lookin really great! Keep up the good work!

V-King

Just a dude
Why don't you use some tetxtures of Parakoopa from Paper Mario 2?
It would look much better since the way he looks now is inda strange.
His chin looks kinda misplaced (way to much in his neck or something).
Besides that it looks cool.
But as I said: It would look better with the PM2 textures ;)

cosmocanyon

Folks, can we PLEASE STOP ASKING people to rip textures from a COPYRIGHTED game and use them in texture packs? It's majorly illegal and will attract nintendo's attention. Also, many artists worked hard to create the artwork in commercial games, and it's not right in any way to steal their work. The people making these packs, in the same vein, are artists themseves. If you don't like their artwork, either live with it or make your own pack. You wouldn't ask a painter to change their painting for you because you don't like a specific feature. [/rant]

- Evan

Mollymutt

cosmocanyon said:
Folks, can we PLEASE STOP ASKING people to rip textures from a COPYRIGHTED game and use them in texture packs? It's majorly illegal and will attract nintendo's attention. Also, many artists worked hard to create the artwork in commercial games, and it's not right in any way to steal their work. The people making these packs, in the same vein, are artists themseves. If you don't like their artwork, either live with it or make your own pack. You wouldn't ask a painter to change their painting for you because you don't like a specific feature. [/rant]

- Evan
Have you ever heard of screenshots? You don't have to rip textures from a game to get textures. Especially for this game. By the way, what makes you think that if he ripped textures from a game, it would call more attention to this site?

cosmocanyon

Mollymutt said:
Have you ever heard of screenshots? You don't have to rip textures from a game to get textures. Especially for this game. By the way, what makes you think that if he ripped textures from a game, it would call more attention to this site?

??? Taking textures from screenshots would be just as illegal as ripping textures directly from the ISO/Rom. Furthermore, even if it weren't as illegal, it would be equally wrong as you'd still be taking some other artists work and using it in your project. I think you'll find that the vast majority of people here aren't going to support a pack that is outright stealing work from another game, and when the subject has been brought up in the past (with zelda for example) most people have been against it. As for why it would attract Nintendo's attention, I don't think I should really have to explain it at all. Texture packs that people have made are really nothing more than a collection of worthless pictures formatted in a specific way... it's only what people do with them that make them illegal. Texture packs that include stolen copyrighted images are certianly illegal - and Nintendo has made it evident with the way they've dealt with rom distrobution that just "not doing anything wrong" is not good enough, they will shut down anyone who "enables people to do something wrong." - That means that when this site actively supports people who steal copyrighted information and use it... Nintendo will put pressure on the owners of emutalk to shut down or stop the support.

- Evan

Mollymutt

The last time I checked, this entire forum is about emulation. While I know there aren't any roms available here, it certainly supports the use of them, or it wouldn't be here in the first place.

d0k3

Is this project dead? Hope not so. I'm really looking forward to releases in this project. I'm currently playing this game and I might also stop playing until this pack is released. The screenshots I've seen so far are awesome.
If someone could send me the party member's textures I could help out with replacing those. Which is, if this work is not already done.

64fanatic

:yucky:

People like him is what the world needs less of.

Anyways, hows the progress guys?
..even if a little...

d0k3

People like him is what the world needs less of.
What's the problem, 64fanatic? I offered my help to replace texture dumps. Not everyone has enough time to read though 100+ posts and know that this work is probably already done.

Or was this your problem...
Is this project dead? Hope not so.
You asked the same question in other words.
Anyways, hows the progress guys?
..even if a little...

alien{S}py

To be honest, I've been busy lately and haven't had much time to work on it. I promise you that if I get some more free time I'll do more work on it, I'm thinking of releasing what I have so far so you guys at least have something and then work on the rest when I get more time. I know I'm not the only one that has worked on this project so It would be nice it we could put all our work together.

w00dm4n

Hi i'm new to all of this but i had an idea about making Paper Mario looking 8-Bit and using the old NES graphics on this game